Yay...this is all to real.Confirmation call for surgery

Betty Jo L.
on 7/28/11 2:20 am
 Today is day two on Optifast and so far soo good. Slowly getting over the super hunger stage or maybe it is the big guts getting full on the little guts IDK. Barely slept last night from being so hungry. 

On a better note my surgeon's office called today to confirm the surgery for August 10th. Woohoo I can't beleive this is happening for ME. Nothing this great ever happens for ME. I am getting that chance to have a healtier life style . I am soooooooo looking forward to my new life but yet scared at the same time. I am scared of failure to not eating the right foods. I don't want to damage my pouch in anyway. I have made a vow to stop all carbs, pasta and anything sweet. God I am going to miss my cheese cakes lol. 

Thanks everyone for your support and information. I can't wait to join you all on the losers bench.

Betty Jo
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
tasha_the_dog
on 7/28/11 2:37 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada
Congratulations to your new life.  Can't wait to begin mine.

Referral to Thunder Bay Bariatric Centre July 2010 Orientation Class August 2010
Appointments with dietician, nurse practitioner and psychologist September/November 2010   Ultrasound November 2010
Scope June 10, 2011, meeting with surgeon Nov 29, 2011    surgery  VSG Jan 20/12
Surgeon: Dr. Gmora
HW 287

CW 169

StevesGal
on 7/28/11 2:41 am - Hamilton, Canada
First, congrats on getting your date.  It won't be long now before you're on the bench!

Second, you must ban all negative thoughts.  They'll only do you harm.  I'm a believer of positive thoughts = positive results, and vice versa. 

Don't forget, you can have more than just your 4 Optifast every day, but use those other things as filler, not the other way around.  You can bump up the OF with decaf coffee (in the choc), various extracts or a product available at Bulk Barn called "LorAnn Oils" - they are highly concentrated flavoured oils available in lots of flavours - strawberry, butterscotch, banana cream, etc.  A little bottle goes a long way.

Good luck!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

linda11665
on 7/28/11 2:43 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Betty Jo, I know how you feel about the opti, I'm on day two and only now am I not so hungry...I think it's the thousands (okay...It feels like it) of bottles of water I am drinking....The bathroom and permantly moved under my arse

As for the surgery date, Congrats...It is real, mine is Aug. 17th and on the 10th I go to pre adm..So it's real...

This is how I see it, if you can do the two or three weeks on opti fast then you can do this tool.....You have come this far you can go the distance......

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Betty Jo L.
on 7/28/11 2:48 am
 Thank you ladies for the wishes and postivie thoughts. I am going to drill it in my head that I can do this and will do this. In the end it will be well worth it. Have a nice day everyone.
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
sam1am
on 7/28/11 4:58 am
Congratulations!  You're in great hands with Dr. Christou!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

highlandbear
on 7/28/11 5:16 am - Canada
That is great news. Did you ask about the sugar free jello and the broth. I am sure that they would say it is ok.  remember the body needs carbs it is a matter of control and you want to eat good carbs. The body will need it mostly if you plan on exercising. In time you will be able to have some desserts. I will share some receipes that are made with splenda. They are great and nice to have once in a while.  Good news is there are some cheese cakes receipe and you use splenda. I make a pineapple one birthdays and special holidays. Taste great and low in calories.  There are many receipes out there for us. Check out OH Ontario receipes for some ideas. Great site.  Not much longer and you will be on the bench. We are keeping your spot warm for you
Most Active
Recent Topics