Cold, sneezing and body aches and day 5 on optifast

Betty Jo L.
on 7/31/11 1:36 am
 Well today is day 5 on optifast. The hunger has gone down a great deal. I just have those spurts of hunger every now and then. Sip water to cure that. 

On top of that I woke up this morning with a cold and sneezing topped off with massive body aches and slight puking spurts. OMG don't tell me I am getting sick this close to surgery. I know and hoping it will be gone by the time I have surgery cause they won't operate while you are sick. Frig why now uggghhhhhhhhh.

Just me venting 

Betty Jo
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
highlandbear
on 7/31/11 3:35 am - Canada
Sorry to hear that you are sick. It is not uncommon for people to catch a cold when they are doing optifast. Start taking some cold meds to get rid of it. Just make sure it does not have aspirin in it. I have heard of them operating when people are not 100 per cent well. Just need to make sure chest stays clear. Try some hot tea with lemon.  Get better
Barb
Wlxtn
on 7/31/11 6:58 am - Orillia, Canada
Don't give up or get down. I was very bad on OF. It was coming out all ends, dizzy spells, cold, shakes. I called the clinic on day 5 and they suggested to see my family Dr. to to rule out a virus. You may want to try that. My surgeon told me to switch from OF to Boost for Diebetics in case I was allergic to Aspertane. I decided to fight everything and beat it myself. I paid $200 for OF I wasn't about to buy something else. Anyway by day 9 I was completely over it and the last few days were great.  In the end I figure I was just one of those few people that it takes longer to adjust to the OF then others.
So don't give up. Check with the Dr. and continue on. Broth really helped me. I drank at least a box a day.

Take Care
Wendy Luxton    
stewartjackie
on 7/31/11 7:39 am - Pickering, Canada
So, so very sorry Betty Jo, that is a big  fear of mine at this stage, I'm on day 7 of Optifast and having surgery on August 8th.
Hopefully you can gets lots of rest and take good care of yourself.  I'll be thinking of you. 

Most Active
Recent Topics