My weekly call to Thunder Bay Assessment Centre

Robin H.
on 8/19/11 3:46 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Well My weekly call to the assessmnet centre to see the status of my claim was a positive one for once.  I called and was told that Ron was not in and that she would not be able to find out about my file as they would be in Ron's office and Ron was out of the office at a meeting.  Ron did call me back rather soon after (Score a brownie point)  and informed me that indeed my file has FINALLY been sent to St Joes Hamilton and was sent on Wednesday August 17th, 2011.  Ok so now how long untill i call Hamilton and make sure it has been recieved????? lol well at least Thunder Bay won't get the weekly call anymore hehehehee

Robin H.
on 8/19/11 3:47 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
lol status of my claim bahahaha just noticed that, ok Status of my FILE 

Nathalie_Can
on 8/19/11 4:52 am
way the go, it's rolling!
I can't answer your last question, cuz I never called anywhere to check status, I just waited for phone calls, but I just wanted to say Congrats!!!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

irol770
on 8/19/11 6:33 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Finally!!!!  Good for you.  I don't know how long you should wait because I didn't have to go through the assessment centre.  However give it a reasonable amount of time and then if you haven't heard anything call.  Congrats!
Glitter Text Generator

Robin H.
on 8/19/11 1:13 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 i was told about 3 weeks so i will give them at least that much

Megan M.
on 8/19/11 10:50 am - Canada
They courier the files down, so they should have it by now.  You could probably call early next week - that'll give them time to open the mail!  From my experience, once my file went down, it was a month before I got my surgeon teleconference, then a month after that for surgery.  Things will move pretty fast from this point on.  Your file is now in the waiting line for the big event.  Not much longer at all!!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Robin H.
on 8/19/11 1:12 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 i hope so in my mind i have end of october as a surgery date BAHAHA i can only hope!  well if there are no further glitches along the way it could be by then  according to your time line i could make it

greenthumb74
on 8/19/11 2:18 pm
Hi there....Taking your advice, I called the centre and Ron let me know that my file had gone down to Hamilton on August 12th.  I therefore calculated that I would likely have a month wait and then a possible October surgery.  So imagine my shock and surprise when Ron called today to let me know that I'd been approved and that I had to be in Tbay on the 25th for the surgeon's teleconference!!  That was a turnaround of a week!  I wouldn't be surprised to hear if yours turns around quickly like that as well!!  Keep me posted and I'm rooting for you!!
Nancy

Surgery:  November 30/11 w Dr. Scott Gmora at St. Joseph's in Hamilton
Highest Weight:  336lbs                  Current Weight: 250lbs
                          Total Weight Loss: 86lbs 
Robin H.
on 8/22/11 2:39 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
That is great news congrats!!!!! woo hooo !!! befor long surgery
Robin

StevesGal
on 8/20/11 4:04 am - Hamilton, Canada
Well, about bloody time!

I would give Krista a call about mid-week.  Call around 10am - by then the 'morning rush' is over and you might actually get someone to answer the phone, rather than leaving a message.

I hope you get in quickly.  That would be ... as my daughter says ... TOTALLY AWESOME
!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics