Period delays.....sorry guys!

MS Miller
on 8/25/11 8:37 am - Nepean, Canada
Hi Ladies,

Here is the deal, it's been over a year and a half since I've been off the pill, I am 48, I never smoked and to be honest I had a crappy doctor who never cared much, my new doc took me off the pill.

So since January I have been getting my period later and later, first 40 days apart, then 50 days apart, now I'm at 60 days between periods. My doctor said it was due to my weight, I have had my hormones checked and I'm fine not pre menoposal.

So just checking with the other gals who are heavy is this something you have experience with.

Thanks Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 8:51 am - Guelph, Canada
 i had thr opposite.... i was 21 days on 10 days off and HEAVY flow... (TMI sorry guys) 

have you had an appointment with a Gyno? 
lovin_life
on 8/25/11 8:57 am - Canada
Hi Sue!
I'm not quite in the same boat as you but I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15 and I was devastated! I had multiple ultrasounds done and I have never had any cysts on my ovaries **knock on wood**. My family doctor has been telling me for years that I wasn't getting my periods because of my weight. Well now I am a week post op and have lost 25lbs and lone behold I got my period last night. It is the first time I have had an "unassisted" period in almost 10 years. I was soo happy to see it (for once..lol).. My sister has had something similar to your situation though. She use to get her period all the time and she went off the pill and started gaining weight. As she gained weight it kept getting further and further apart and now she is at 235lbs and she only gets it 2-3 times a year.
I'm not sure if I really helped you at all..lol.. but I can sort of relate.
Take care and all the best!
-Lovin' Life

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Susanne S.
on 8/25/11 9:32 am - London, Canada
I suffered badly with cramping and got an IUD, which has helped with both flow and cramping (most don't get their period) but lucky me still does every month.....I had surgery on Aug 11 and had my period at the time, and it's 2 weeks out and it's starting again. AHHHH. Must be the stress on the body with surgery and hormones with the lbs coming off? I'm guessing???

Megan M.
on 8/25/11 11:58 am - Canada
Perhaps it's your age.  My periods started getting irregular right around then.  I'd get them two, three, four month apart, some so heavy, some so light.  With a schedule like that, imagine my dismay to get it two days before surgery.  Things can start to go wonky right around that age.  But you should definitely check with your doc to be sure.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Mariann M.
on 8/25/11 12:05 pm - Washago , Canada
pre op I had to induce a period 3 or 4 times a year due to the fact I just did not get one unassisted.
I lost some weight in 2004 and became pregnant with my first daughter, then gained some weight back and I tried for 4 years to have another child.
I went to many different Dr.'s and had many tests done, but they were never able to find out why I wasn't having regular periods.
I had my surgery in Feb 2010 and found out 6 months later I was pregnant !!!! So I say the weight must have been most of the issue. 

Most Active
Recent Topics