which app should my husband come to?

Teasha H.
on 8/26/11 1:22 pm - north of Barrie, Canada
Which appointment should he be at...  the information session or the gastic bypass class?  He wants to come to them all but I don't think it's a must plus one of us need to work.
StevesGal
on 8/26/11 1:43 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I would say definitely the Orientation Class (info session).  There will be lots of questions from others that you might not think of, or just general info that you're not aware of. Plus, as with my DH, he may just feel better about the whole thing - even if he's very supportive he's probably also very nervous for you.

Good luck!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

lovin_life
on 8/26/11 2:01 pm - Canada
hi there,
I brought my fiance to every single appointment, class, everything I had. It was great to have him there for everything because he was able to learn so much and truly understand the entire process from beginning to end. He was also able to ask questions and get advice from the pros directly.

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
Leanne1
on 8/26/11 10:13 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I would let him go to whatever he wants to
It shows them his support and he will learn alot.
Teasha H.
on 8/27/11 3:07 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Thanks I just dont want to freak him out but he does want to be at every appoinment. He has some weigh to drop too so he may learn some tips for himself too.
Leslie W.
on 8/27/11 11:25 am - Cobourg, Canada
My hubby attended orientation, Nutrtion class and 1:1 with the Dietician. He came with me for the others but stayed in the waiting room (NP, SW, Psych) Your support person is encouraged to attend all the appointments. I would encourage it if they have any questions. I'm a nurse so I could answer my hubby's medical questions. He even tried Optifast at the Nutrition class.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Teasha H.
on 8/27/11 11:47 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Thanks, I appreciate the response
HeidiA
on 8/28/11 6:39 am - Ottawa, Canada
My husband attended most of all my appt when he could.

He found them to be very helpful and has been very supportive to me thru all this.

It makes it easier to understand what is happening and why when they have attended the same sessions as you.

All the best.

Heidi
 Listed below are the upcoming Coffee nights at Starbucks (Hunt Club and Merivale Rd) starting at 7:00 pm.

ohcardheidismanimated.gif picture by lynnca1972

Most Active
Recent Topics