Question About Calcium and Vit D

Rachel O.
on 9/7/11 4:22 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12

I just got back from my Dietitian apt this morning and he was saying that you have to take Calcium Citrate 1200mg a day  and Vit D  400 to 600 IU a day.   He said you could have to take 2 or 3 a day depending on what kind you buy. As long as it adds up to the amount to take each day. 

Hope this helps.

brenda65
on 9/7/11 5:47 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks you!!

saves me time in calling my dietitian :)
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

Catnip
on 9/7/11 11:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
It is still important to remember that you can only absorb 500 to 600 mg in a 2 hour period, therefore you need to break this up into three doses.

Can I ask why is it so hard to take calcium three times a day?

CNC

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

brenda65
on 9/7/11 6:36 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 its hard because of my day/night.i am up at 4 am.i can take 2 times a day with no problem its the 3rd time i would have problems as i take iron and i am in bed very early.. i just need to work on a schedule
plus i am bad for forgetting to take pills yesterday i forgot my morning and lunch time pills
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

Mary A.
on 9/7/11 5:32 am
I don't take any kind of chewables..I take Calcium Citrate I think it's 1,000 mg 3 times a day and NOT with my additional iron~!

happypants
on 9/7/11 9:16 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had NO idea that the soft chews were to be short term. I must have missed that information somehow. Thanks very much for the for enlightening me.
Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

happydsr
on 9/8/11 11:07 am
Most Active
Recent Topics