Question About Calcium and Vit D

brenda65
on 9/7/11 2:59 am - Ottawa, Canada

hi
i was wondering..i am just starting Calcium Citrate & Vit D (Citracal)

Should i be taking 3 pills 3X a day? Help..lol

that's too many pills for me if that is what i need to take

where can i find some that i can take 1 or 2 a  day for the amount i need

Brenda
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

Linda C.
on 9/7/11 3:12 am
It is my understanding that you have to take it 3 times a day.  Your body can only absorb a certain amount from each dose, so even if you increase the amount of the dose to take it only 2 times you still wouldn't be getting the proper amount.

You can always phone the dietician and inquire - they may advise you differently.  Let me know if they do.

Linda C.
_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

Sher1ock
on 9/7/11 3:31 am - Canada
I'm meeting with dietician tomorrow and have some calcium related questions, so if I get an answer for you, I'll post it.

happypants
on 9/7/11 3:58 am, edited 9/7/11 3:59 am - Ottawa, Canada

Brenda I buy Jamieson's soft chews. It comes in chocolate or caramel cream I take two chews at lunch and two chews at dinner. They taste great. I read that you can buy the mega size at Costco.

Edit it add: Does anyone know if we are should be taking additional vitamin D on top of what is in the chews? Just had an after thought lol

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

GD6
on 9/7/11 4:59 am - Hamilton, Canada
On September 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM Pacific Time, happypants wrote:

Brenda I buy Jamieson's soft chews. It comes in chocolate or caramel cream I take two chews at lunch and two chews at dinner. They taste great. I read that you can buy the mega size at Costco.

Edit it add: Does anyone know if we are should be taking additional vitamin D on top of what is in the chews? Just had an after thought lol

Those chews are NOT citrate and are useless for people who have had RNY.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

brenda65
on 9/7/11 5:46 am - Ottawa, Canada

I knew the chews were not citrate... i had the chews  i was told i could take them for 2 months i just finished them today  that's why the question about the pills

thanks for your reply :)
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

happypants
on 9/7/11 8:57 am - Ottawa, Canada
Brenda I was never told that we could only take the soft chews for two months. I am really glad you posted this question today. I went back and read the handout from the hospital and I cant find anything that says "only for two months". 

On this note can someone post what brands they use please?

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Karen M.
on 9/7/11 9:59 am - Mississauga, Canada
Citrical - it's a calcium citrate.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

happypants
on 9/7/11 10:01 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thank you Karen!!

Karen M.
on 9/7/11 10:06 am - Mississauga, Canada
You're welcome. You can also get the Citrical Petites, which are smaller but still too big for me to swallow. lol  I chew 'em up.   OR... you can get a liquid citrate called Wellesse at Costco.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics