whey protein powder

Pam B.
on 9/9/11 10:38 am
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried the Premier whey protein powder from Costco?  Is it any good?
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
mypita58
on 9/9/11 11:35 am - Windsor, Canada
 I use the Leanfit Whey Protein Powder from Costco.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Pam B.
on 9/9/11 11:50 pm
this is the one that I am probably thinking about, just had the wrong name LOL  Is it good?  Do you find it has an aftertaste or anything?
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
mypita58
on 9/10/11 12:03 am - Windsor, Canada
 I like the powder better than the ready made shakes. I do use both. I buy the chocolate and vanilla for variety. As far as an aftertaste, I do not find any. I started drinking these drinks 2yrs ago when my brother had his surgery. I think I am just use to the taste.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Lorraine M.
on 9/9/11 11:52 am - Canada
Hi,

I didn't see any powder when I was there but I did purchase a case of the pre mixed protein shakes from there just  2 days ago. They only had chocolate but it is so delicious. I am pre-op so I am just trying out a whole lot of stuff to see what I like. I hear the taste buds change afterwards but this is by far the best ones I have had. They have 30 g of protein and it takes just like chocolate milk.

Second to these are the ones I ordered online at www.unjury.com. The Chocolate is a powder to mix, not pre mixed like Costco but still excellent.

My third choice is Body Fortress Strawberry that I bought at Walmart.

good luck,

Pam B.
on 9/9/11 11:51 pm

I keep hearing that those shakes are delish!   I am pre-op as well and was out looking to see what was out there, but the premeir shakes is one thing that is definitely on my list!!

Andrew Thompson
on 9/9/11 11:57 pm - Canada
Some people love the premier whey powder but others hate it. I loathe it. I bought the pre-mixed ones and don't particularly like them either: but it's very useful when caught short in time in the morning.

Sadly different people like different powders. It's all a case of try-it and see. If you have a group then get each member to buy a different one and have a protein party.

Before the surgery I kept putting things off. I was never good enough. One of the benefits of WLS is that you start to believe in yourself. Check out my blog:
All Things CPAP

Lynette1962
on 9/10/11 1:55 am - Whitby, Canada
 Has anyone tried any of the whey proten powders from GNC ?

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics