Algonquin Park Group Hike Anyone?

Arttina
on 9/22/11 12:43 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Hi everyone. I'm considering putting together a hike in Algonquin Park on either Oct 1 or 2 (Would even consider the Thanksgiving weekend if it's better)  - depending on what works best for everyone. The fall leaves will be at their peak apparently by then and I go yearly.

I thought it would fabulous if a bunch of us could go together and take in the splendor of the park and the changing colors. Please let me know if you are interested. I can fit 4 additional people in my van plus a couple of dogs if wanted. We can bring a lunch, pack some water and wear some good hiking boots and off we go.

There are many different types of trails and levels of difficulty. We can pick and choose depending on who attends and even break up in groups if need be.  No worries if we need more rest than you think we should! I've been there! I couldn't walk more than five minutes at a time without rest and with a cane!

What do you think?
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

nofries4you
on 9/22/11 12:46 am - Canada
ummmm no thanks to the hike....not really an outdoorsy hikey person...... might see something i don't like.....like a snake or possibly a bear.........

i'm up for walking the malls tho........how are you by the way...

Sue

Arttina
on 9/23/11 2:58 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
LOL Sue. I'm so totally an outdoorsy type person! Love love it! I'm sucking up so much that I've missed out on with my body being too big and lunky to do anything with. lol It's been great!! I'm doing okay. Still struggling socially but hey, such is life. How are you doing?

Monica M.
on 9/22/11 1:04 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that'd be awesome!! T'giving weekend would be better for me, tho.

Gabygee
on 9/22/11 1:35 am - Canada
I absolutely LOVE fall in Ontario, and try to make it "up North" - (i.e. out of the city) at least once every year.
I'm guardedly interested in joining you, but I would have to get myself from Toronto to Belleville first, and I don't drive.

I would be available the weekend of Oct 1-2, but not Thanksgiving weekend.

I would be quite willing to help out with gas costs.

Pencil me in as interested, for now.

Monica M.
on 9/22/11 1:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

lol @ guardedly interested.

Lisa_Toronto
on 9/22/11 10:08 pm - Toronto, Canada
I'm interested too, and have a car.  I could take Gaby and 2 others if needed.  (I'd drive straight to the park, not to Belleville).

Oct 1-2 works best for me too.  I don't know our schedule for family gatherings on Thanksgiving weekend but that might work ok too.

Count me 'interested'.

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Arttina
on 9/23/11 3:07 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Excellent. Let me know what you decide mid next week and we can make solid plans!!

Arttina
on 9/23/11 2:59 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Hi Monica. I'll let you know or post when I'm actually going to end up going. If noone grabs it for the first choice then maybe Thanksgiving will work out!

Monica M.
on 9/23/11 4:42 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
thanks, Arttina!! looking forward to hearing back from you, (or seeing the posting)

Most Active
Recent Topics