I keep trying

Mary A.
on 9/26/11 5:04 am
since my surgery was such a long time ago (or at least it seems like that).....you actually get a call from the assessment centre rather than any type of correspondence from OHIP itself??  OR is this prior to having someone approve your surgery.

sorry things have changed so much here in Thunder Bay..I am not familar with the process anymore

(p.s. a bouquet of flowers to Anna after it's all over might be appreciated).

you have a wonderful way about approaching it all..it will take you far~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Robin H.
on 9/26/11 6:16 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
there is no OHIP approval process anymore if you qualify for surgery (100 lbs over weight etc) GP fills out refferal online, it is processed at provincial registry and then sent to local assesment centre.  the the refferal is processed and you are seen in thunder bay for all your appointments once thunder bay has completed the assessment part of things and have deemed evrything done in preparation for surgery your file is sent to our surgical partner (Hamilton St Joes) and then when the surgeon has time he books a block of time to have surgical consults(Via video conference) with those files sent down (usually does a few in one day) then after that you get a surgery date, you go to your eduaction class get the optifast then off to Hamilton for surgery.  If all goes well you are back to Thunder Bay in no time and all the follow up is done at the local assessment centre

Most Active
Recent Topics