I keep trying

Robin H.
on 9/23/11 12:11 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Ok so because my mom (Maxlake) got her call I decided i would call Anna at the Tbay Assessment centre and ask if she was trying to get ahold of me LOL.  She started laughing and said I had confused her as I wasn't calling on my usual Friday Harassment call (I called her yesterday).  I told her since my mom got her consult date I was thinking she was making calls and I would help her by calling her instead of her tracking me down.  She said my mom was the only one who so far was booked and that I would get my call SOON......... You can't blame a girl for trying

Robin

Linda G.
on 9/23/11 12:25 am - Canada
You have to be proactive in life.  If I hadn't called, I'm sure I wouldn't be half way through my appts.  I'll keep my fingers crossed....
Linda G

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Megan M.
on 9/23/11 12:33 am - Canada
Never give up!  It would be nice if you girls could go down together.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Robin H.
on 9/23/11 1:00 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
would like to go down with my mom then we could support each other but will have to wait and see

maxlake
on 9/23/11 4:22 am - Canada
Keep bugging them ...never know!!!
Robin H.
on 9/23/11 5:21 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
aww thanks for the kiss mom

Nathalie_Can
on 9/23/11 4:46 am
you call there every week?????  wow!!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Robin H.
on 9/23/11 5:20 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
LOL ok not every week I have layed off a bit,  but after my interest (or whoever he was) appt I was told my file would be sent down to Hamilton within a week so I waited and called to confirm it had been indeed sent.  Unfortunately it did not get down there and after many delays it finally was sent almost 2 months later.  During the time of the delay I called almost weekly to ask if file had been sent and each time i was given another excuse to why it had not been sent.  So I was very persistant and harrassed them untill they could confirm the exact date it was purolated to Hamilton.  Once at Hamilton I have been told it will likely be one month befor I hear about a surgical consultation and me being me knowing I am approaching the one month mark decided to call up Anna (receptionist at Thunder Bay) so now I have given you the coles notes version of why the weekly call, and not to mention i am just impatient. 

StevesGal
on 9/23/11 7:22 am - Hamilton, Canada
At least Anna had a good sense of humour about it.  Don't worry, you're time will come when it's supposed to.  Maybe you could pretend to be mom and go in her place!!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Robin H.
on 9/25/11 11:04 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
lol nope she needs it NOW I won't die tomorrow with out it she will so I would have given up my appointment if mine came first, but definately waiting and waiting.

Robin

Most Active
Recent Topics