Any suggestions for US shopping?

Radiogirl39
on 9/22/11 2:21 am - Canada

So I'm going to Buffalo tomorrow for some shopping and hoping for some advice on what to look for in terms of low fat, sugar free stuff we can't get here.  I will also be looking at protein shakes and vitamins.  Any suggestions welcome. I need to find a protein shake I can stomach before my surgery in November. 

I don't understand why protein tasts so bad as a shake and SO effing good as a hunk of meat! Lol

Julie

mypita58
on 9/22/11 3:11 am - Windsor, Canada
 SF Carnation instant breakfast. Did you try the costco whey protein? That is what I am using. In Ypsilanti, Michigan there is a store in the hospital that sells all kinds of protein. Is there a hospital near Buffalo that does Gastric Bypass surgery? They might have something you can try.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Radiogirl39
on 9/22/11 2:15 pm - Canada
I haven't tried the Costco one yet.  I think I may need to find a Popeye's (thought none are near me) and do some taste testing to find one I can stand.  Found a tin of Slim Fast Vanilla today and put my frozen fruit in it and forgot how freakin good it tastes.  Wish protein shakes tasted like that.  I will check out the Carnation though.

Won't have time to find a hospital on this trip.

Thanks,
Julie

Tanya T.
on 9/22/11 3:18 am
Have you tried the Premier Protein shakes from Costco.  The states carries a wide variety of things in SF forms such as jello, pudding, popsicles, carnation instant breakfast to name a few.  I also just recently found SF benefibre in a chewable form great tasting. 
Another note I shop at Wegman's most of the time not sure what Tops carries.

Tanya

Radiogirl39
on 9/22/11 2:17 pm - Canada
I will definately look for some of those things.  I have heard the Premier are good. Will be trying those soon. 

Thanks Tanya

Julie

jdance
on 9/22/11 4:16 am - Canada
definately buy the Whey protein powder at costco. it's to die for. I love the chocolate, i put banana and ice and flax seed oil and all the other crap that i have to take in it and it's delicious. it's exclusive to US costco so if you have a chance to get it, i highly recommend it.

Also try getting the dreamfields pasta, I find it at the Meijers stores, they sell SF cake mixes, syrups etc, but i wouldnt go there until your much further out. I usually come back with a few hundred in just groceries when i head south.

One thing that i like at Meijers is the Mio Liquid, comes in a little teardrop bottle, it's sweet tea or peach tea mix, but in liquid form. Can be found with the crystal light. it's about $3.50 a bottle but it seems to go further and is so convienient to carry. and you can squirt as much or as little as you like.

have fun.

j

Radiogirl39
on 9/22/11 2:20 pm - Canada
Wow. I hardly ever go and I am amazed when people know about so many products from so many stores.  I'm going to Walden galleria, Target and Olive Garden.  I hope to make it back without my ankles exploding.  Thanks for all the info though, lol! I'm impressed.  Don't think I'll make it to a US Costco unfortunately.

Julie

Monica M.
on 9/22/11 4:46 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
buy me something nice. size.. um. 18 now, but get me something cute in a 16. lol

Radiogirl39
on 9/22/11 2:21 pm - Canada
Ahahahaha! Sure thing Monica.
Eileen C.
on 9/22/11 5:44 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Julie

I really liked the Swanson Chicken broth in the terra pack, it has a better taste than the others

Remember, your taste buds may change after surgery, so anything that you like now may not be the

same taste after surgery,  so if you try a protein and like it now, after surgery you may still like it or you
may not, just a warning LOL 

Good luck and have fun shopping

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Most Active
Recent Topics