Suggestions??

Lana_Banana
on 10/7/11 10:35 am - Oshawa, Canada
 Hi everyone. First off happy thanksgiving! For all that are on optifast this thanksgiving I know your pain! Just think at least at christmas we should be able to taste some turkey! Anyway I am going for surgery at HRRH on Oct 14th and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of things that they needed/wish they had for the hospital stay or the days after?

Thanks!
ibed
on 10/7/11 10:39 am
congrats on surgery - getting close now.  i would recommend ear plugs, slippers, and your own pillow (it'll help to hug it for the ride home too.)

debi.,
Monica M.
on 10/7/11 11:10 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
stuff for dry lips.
pillow
shampoo and conditioner
ipod or whatever.

JJ_
on 10/7/11 11:22 am
 Slippers for the walking.  Bring a baggie for you lip balm so it doesn't roll onto the floor  

Judy
paula-37
on 10/7/11 11:24 am - brantford, Canada
Hi i want wish you all the best of luck for your up coming surgery date of october 14.keep your eyes on the prize.i wish i would  have brought my own pillow.bring chap stick kleenex a comfey pair of pants and running shoes to walk the hall.i want to wish you all the best of luck for successful wls joureny.cant wait to have you on the bench.all the best .happy thanksgiiving.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula-37)

on_my_way2011
on 10/7/11 11:33 am - Canada
I changed into my own jammies as soon as they let me...also used my slippers for walking and my pillow for coughing (and snuggling!!).  I stayed in a hotel for a few days and brought food.  One thing I brought was cream of broccoli soup.  I remembered a measuring cup, blender to blend the chunks, a spoon, a dish for the microwave...and forgot a can opener!!!  

I have to confess that I sleep with a nightlight, so lights don't bother me.  But I bought a sleep mask at the dollarstore just in case.  Didn't use it, but some may have.

Good luck!!

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Lana_Banana
on 10/7/11 12:10 pm - Oshawa, Canada
 Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
StevesGal
on 10/7/11 12:51 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I took:

Lipbalm
Hand lotion
Extra socks
Sleep Mask
Earplugs
Head phones (in case there's a tv at your bed)
Cell Phone
All meds I needed to take that are not part of the program
Magazines - you might not want to read, but if you do, you'll prefer light reading

Good luck!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Cyndylw
on 10/7/11 1:10 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 EARPLUGS!!!!!!! My neighbour was sooooo loud, I could hear him threw mine, so you can only imagine how happy I was to have em

Slippers, or really comfy slip on shoes

Referal sent August 2009 - Referred to Ottawa - January 2010 - Surgery - July 29th 2011!!!!    
Brandy S.
on 10/7/11 2:22 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hi there,
I brought pretty much what everyone had already mentioned.. but the only thing I actually used was , : My slippers
            Lip balm
            Pj pants, I brought a pj shirt but couldnt wear it cus I was constantly on IV
            My phone/charger
            Lap top so I could watch movies.. I brought a bunch of movies and only watched 2..
            ear phones to watch my movie.

I literally had a huge bag of stuff , shampoo, lotions, tons of magazines, a book.. ear plugs , eye mask etc and didnt use it.lol

good luck , happy planning/packing.:)
Brandyyy  
Most Active
Recent Topics