TCME Free Dial In Lecture

flyingwoman
on 10/17/11 12:53 am
 In case anyone is interested... the centre for mindful eating is having a free dial-in lecture...

Description: Mindfulness is Not Just Another Diet 
Date/Day: October 28, 2011 Friday
Time: 9:00 am PT/12noonET
Offered by: Gretchen Newmark, MA, RD 

Program description: 
This is a discussion about how people may misinterpret the guidelines of mindful eating as diet rules. We will focus on the "diet mentality" rampant in our culture and how it colors people's ideas about their bodies and eating. We will talk about how to recognize when mindful eating guidelines are being used as externally imposed restrictions instead of liberating suggestions.
The ppt. will recognize the language of rules vs mindful eating guidelines.
The ppt. will understand the cultural context of diets and the rules that persist even when the diet is no longer a fad.
The ppt. will be able to use mindful eating guidelines in a liberating way, rather than as just another diet. 

Phone access: This teleconference is free and open to everyone interested in mindful eating, including professionals from all disciplines. The Conference Access Number is: 1-402-237-1020. Your Conference Passcode is: 324001
Date: Friday, October 28, 2011
Time: 12:00pm-12:50pm EDT
Duration: 50 minutes
Access: Public
Updated: Sunday, September 4, 2011 10:56am GMT

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Monica M.
on 10/17/11 1:35 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
thank you so much for this!! I hope i'll be able to get that time open.

I wonder if they'll provide a recording, if people aren't able to make the time of the teleconference.

flyingwoman
on 10/17/11 1:14 pm
 They often do....

have a look at past resources: http://tcme.org/trainingmp3s.htm

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Most Active
Recent Topics