Dumping / Fullness

Muddymark
on 10/20/11 2:13 am
Just wondering how far out others have been before they experienced dumping or fullness?  What did you dump on?

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 2:23 am - Canada
I'm not a dumper - I've tried a variety of foods [as per my dietician] and havent dumped on anything, including sugar [that was tried by accident - regular Boost instead of Diabetic kind].

As for fullness....Im starting to feel that now at almost 3m. out. 
Catw
on 10/20/11 3:08 am - Arnprior, Canada
Heavy foods aren't good on my tummy.  I can eat beef, but steak is hard, as well porc.  Chicken depends on how big a bite I take.  Hot spices can be problems too.  If I have sugar, I'll start getting
warm.  Dumping for me started shortly after trying solid food.  Usually I did it to myself.  Most of the time I'm alright now, but occasionally I'll forget.

As for feeling full, don't remember when that happened to me.

Cathy
laura S.
on 10/20/11 3:20 am - London, Canada
I am just over 2 months out and I can feel full, but haven't really dumped.  I have had food issues where I have chosen to throw up because whatever I ate was hurting (mostly my own fault I'm sure), but not really any dumping yet.  (knocking on wood!)  Haven't really tested the sugar or high fat foods out though, so who knows what could be in the future!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 3:41 am - Canada
I dumped on the apple juice they gave me in the hospital the day after my surgery...NOT fun.

Had to water it down 50/50, have had to do so ever since.  I dump on everything you'd expect to dump on - foods with high carb counts and fatty foods.

I consider the fact I dump a great asset to my weight loss journey.

As far as fullness, noting it took better part of a day to get my first protein shake into me at the hospital, I felt it on the outset.  Again, the key is to eat slowly, put the fork down between bites and chew chew chew.

Your nerves that are stimulated when you're full may be severed.  But your body has other tells.  My right nostril runs when I'm full and if I'm REALLY full, I sneeze...
Radiogirl39
on 10/20/11 2:22 pm - Canada
Omg Myke, that's kinda hilarious!

Julie

on_my_way2011
on 10/20/11 8:59 am - Canada
I haven't dumped, but haven't tested my pouch yet either. 

As for being full, when I have reached my limit I hiccup two or three times.  

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

happypants
on 10/20/11 9:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
I definitely feel full but try my best not to eat to this point. I am three months post op. I measure my meals with protein first always.

As for dumping, I haven't dumped yet. I do not test these waters and hopefully never will. I would rather wonder if I'm a dumper than to find out I'm not. I consider it a blessing to think I "could" dump. I never want to go back to the "olden days".

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

StevesGal
on 10/21/11 4:50 am - Hamilton, Canada
I eat my protein first, and often find that fills me up.  Add a bit or two of veg and potato or rice, and I'm done. 

If I eat too much (or don't chew it properly), I get 2 indications:  1) I feel a pain in my chest, in my upper breast plate area; and 2) my pouch hurts like hell.  Chicken does this most often with me.  Sometimes  good burp fixes this, or several, but most often I have to let it takes its course and work thru on its own.  I have only dumped (thrown up) once after eating a slider hamburger (which I think might have been from the bun).  White pasta doesn't sit well either, but whole wheat seems to work better (but only spaghetti, not penne or anthing thick).

I have only had one experience with sugar dumping, and although it wasn't severe, I never want to experience it again.  I can take in some sugar (as an unitentional experiment showed me), but not too much.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

mamaty
on 10/23/11 6:50 am
I don't get that happy go lucky full feeling ...I get discomfort more or less when I get full.

As for dumping, I can't eat breads...not even tortillas...I'm not complaining but it was painful finding that out. As well sugar alcohol makes me very unwell. I bought some diabetic mints the other day and had 4 through the day. After the last one on my drive home I was in agony. I got home and spent the evening reading the cabellas catalogue on the ol white throne ..tmi I know
Most Active
Recent Topics