how long until you get a room VSG

Robin H.
on 11/23/11 3:30 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
ok been calling Hamilton St Joes trying to see how my mom MaxLake made out.  Her surgery was at 8 or 9 this morning and am wondering how long usually untill you get a room My understanding was VSG was only 1.5 hours.  Dam parents with no cell phones,  Starting to get worried!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 3:36 am - Canada
I cant remember how long I was in recovery for but it was a long time.  Longer because of the sleep apnea too.  They kept me there forever!

Glad that your mom's surgery was rescheduled so quickly!  Best of luck to her on her recovery.
Robin H.
on 11/23/11 3:44 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
ok called again and they have confirmed she is in recovery still.  Dam I wish my dad would call !!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 3:50 am - Canada
At least you know she's in recovery and made it through the surgery fine.  Hopefully your dad will call you soon with an update.   Maybe you should get them a cell phone for Christmas.  LOL!  I got one for my dad a few Christmas' ago and it's been a lifesaver.
Robin H.
on 11/23/11 3:55 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
yes nice idea but they spend most of thier time at the cottage so there is no cellular service there not much use.  But definately in this moment wish I had given them mine to take

Robin

JJ_
on 11/23/11 3:53 am
Glad to hear she is in recovery.  Can`t wait to hear more!

Judy
TBIYTC
on 11/23/11 4:57 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Your Dad is probably a typical man, and doesn't consider "in recovery" to be news fit for a long-distance telephone call!!!  I hope you get one soon though!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

CanDoItFour
on 11/23/11 5:35 am - Canada
For whatever it's worth, I had my surgery at 1:00PM and didn't get up to the room unitl 10:30 PM.  My daughter was going nuts (even though she was in the hospital, they wouldn't let her see me).  I was fine - they were just slow getting me out of recovery.  Hang in there!

Claire
Manda M.
on 11/23/11 6:14 am
I went in around 10am for mine and  I was out of surgery by 1:30pm. I was in recovery for 2 hour min. they require than off to my room upstairs.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Brenda T.
on 11/23/11 8:57 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I hope you hear more soon.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics