Bras and Breast Reduction

Nortonvt1
on 11/26/11 9:53 pm - Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
I am down 108 lbs and suffering from backaches that seem to be caused by too heavy breasts for my body; the family doctor just says that it is my body adjusting but..... Does anyone know where I can get a good bra fitting and support bra in Ottawa? Also, does anyone know the details on OHIP coverage for a breast reduction if it comes to that? Thanks
  Heading for my goal    
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 9:55 pm - Guelph, Canada
 ask your doc for a referral to a plastic surgeon and see what that doc says there is nothing wrong with asking for a second opinion.. 
Nortonvt1
on 11/26/11 10:00 pm - Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
Thanks - I am going to do that - love having the rapid respone from the forum!
  Heading for my goal    
Monica M.
on 11/26/11 9:55 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
OHIP covers breast reduction. You need to have things like rashes under the breasts, indents on your shoulders from your bra straps, upper back pain. It was easy breezy to get my doc to refer me for a reduction a few years ago. Recovery was somewhat painful, and my nipples look a little wonky, but i hope to get that fixed when i get plastic surgery down the road.

good luck.

Nortonvt1
on 11/26/11 9:58 pm - Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
Thanks - you describe exactly what I have I am going to ask him for a referral
  Heading for my goal    
Monica M.
on 11/26/11 10:00 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
never hurts to ask.

do you drive a norton?

Nortonvt1
on 11/26/11 10:04 pm - Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
No, but I am sure my husband wishes we had one - love them. We have two vintage Hondas. One of the things I am doing as part of my new life is going for my M1 in the Spring to ride the 1972 CB350 4 stroke. The reason I have Norton is because we have a cottage in Norton, Vermont. If you are into Nortons check out the website for the Classic Bike Experience in Essex Junction, Vermont
  Heading for my goal    
Monica M.
on 11/26/11 10:07 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
not into nortons so much, but biking, yes. I drive a 1600 yamaha, hubby has a harley.  

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 10:03 pm - Canada
Congrats on your weight loss!

A great place to shop for bras in Ottawa is Marianne's at Westgate. It's a little expensive but worth every penny.

Looks like the girls already covered the qualifications for breast reduction which OHIP will cover. I had that done 10 years ago and would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to!

Good luck!
Tammy
Nortonvt1
on 11/26/11 10:06 pm - Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
I will go there, hey even if it is expensive I can use some of the money I save on restaurant meals that used to cost a fortune with my old eating habits especially this time of year with work luncheons, etc
  Heading for my goal    
Most Active
Recent Topics