1 week down and 2 more to go!

Robin H.
on 11/30/11 3:40 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Well just an update: I have been on optifast for just over a week now and i have no problems tollerating it actually like the chocolate fine on its own.  Vanilla kinda isn't great but I suck it back and think of it a medicine.  Well because of my job in the last week I have had to sit through 3 buffet lunches at meetings and again no problem, Have prepared meals at home and again no issues.  The only issue i have had is well a bit of constipation but nothing my left over dulcolax from my scope didn't clear upso, I continue with my 4 optifast a day and water.  I didn't bother with the popscicles or any of that stuff I have had surgar free jello one day but really did nothing for me.  I will on occasion in the evening have a cup of chicken oxo (Broth) just to have a different flavor and something warm.  Not really liking having coffee without cream but have on occasion had a few decaff with only sweetner, I find it a bit bitter though.  I weighed myself just the other day and am down 5 pounds and have started my period today so that is pretty good possibly would have been 10 without being that time of the month (I know TMI) LOL anyway keeping my eye on the prize and dispite being around yummy food frequently not really bothered by it.  My coworkers are great and always apoligize for eating in front of me I laugh and remind them that I have kids at home I have to cook and feed them too so them eating is no bother.  Well Cheers to another 2 weeks then make room on the bench because here i come.
Robin

smiley_k
on 11/30/11 3:46 am
Hi Robin,

Sounds like you are doing really well. I had the opposite problem than you in regards to bathroom trips but my clinic suggesting adding benefibre to each shake. You are not getting in the daily recommended dose, so you can add a bit more, but it helps to keep you regular, regardless is you have the optitrots or the optistop. I found it took a bit of time, but eventually, it did help! Congrats on your one week down! Sounds like you are ready for this!!

Katie  ♥     

hjoanneg9000
on 11/30/11 4:25 am - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 10/02/12
 Thanks for posting Robin.  I am about to start Optifast myself and like to skulk around and hear how people are managing with it.  Applause on your steadfastness!
Heather

Monica M.
on 11/30/11 4:53 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
That's awesome Robin!!!

JJ_
on 11/30/11 5:17 am
Glad to hear things are going well....except the opticlog!!  LOL

Congrats.

Judy
Brenda T.
on 11/30/11 5:23 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Woo Hooo, I`m glad it is going well for you. Almost there.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Effie42
on 11/30/11 6:29 am - Brooklin, Canada
 Good going!! I'm on day 3. I've lost 8lb thus far. Don't know if that is what I should be doing or not. I had 1 chicken nugget on Monday, 3 olives yesterday & nothing today so, I think it's getting better. I will say it is much easier when kids r in school. Trying to stay strong :-)
aprilbennett1965
on 11/30/11 8:01 am - Canada
Good job Robin! Just keep your eye on the prize~
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Linda G.
on 12/1/11 8:50 am - Canada
Hi Robin
I haven't been here for about a month.  I had a fall on Nov 8 and broke my nose.  It was a very tidy face plant and I had two black eyes and nose.

I've been following you and mom through the process.  I'm not sure what happened with mom but glad to hear she is on her merry way home.  It won't be long for you now either. 

I'm currently in Florida but I will be going back to TO in the New Year.  I have and appt for  a scope and catscan before we can proceed, but the doc said surgery should be in Feb.  Long haul!

Give my regards to mom.
Linda

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Robin H.
on 12/1/11 10:13 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
thanks will do.

Most Active
Recent Topics