Hi everyone :)

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 12/5/11 11:28 am - Canada
i just joined the site.. my name is Nancy and im from Thunder bay ( but im sure if you saw my name you figured that out..lol) a friend told me about this site so i thought i would check it out. Im still waiting to have surgery, this has been a year long process for me , all my tests are done, now im just waiting for a surgery date.. im getting a bit frustrated because my file is still sitting here at the bariatric clinic in thunder bay for the doctors final notes before it gets sent to St Joes in Hamilton.  i saw him 2 months ago :s
my question is, what kind of wait times have the rest of you experienced??  im hearing the "normal" wait time seems to be about 14 months?
i just want to know when i need to go down to our clinic and start yelling at people..lol
thanks!
Nancy
JennR
on 12/5/11 11:39 am
Hello Nancy and welcome to the board! I'm not sure what normal wait times coming to St. Joes from outside of the Hamilton area, I'm sure others here will be able to tell you more. I waited about almost 11 months for my surgery. You will love the surgeons at St. Joes! We also have a facebook group if you are interested. Search for Dr. Scott Gmora. It is a closed group so just let the moderator know that you found the group via this site if you are interested in joining.

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 12/5/11 9:10 pm - Canada
Hi Jenn

Thanks for the info, i found the facebook page and sent in a request to join
Leslie W.
on 12/5/11 12:06 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Hi Nancy and welcome! For me it was 14 months

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
torytt
on 12/5/11 12:20 pm
HI Nancy,

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.  I am sure you will find this group to be very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
I look forward to seeing your posts.
TT
Radiogirl39
on 12/5/11 12:31 pm - Canada
Welcome Nancy!  I hope you hear something soon.

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 1:04 pm - Canada
Hi Nancy! :)
Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 12/5/11 9:06 pm - Canada
Hi Shawn :)
Hannahmumma03
on 12/5/11 8:15 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
Welcome Nancy **** finger crossed you find out soon!!!***

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Megan M.
on 12/5/11 8:24 pm - Canada
Hi Nancy.  I'm from Thunder Bay as well.  Had surgery this past July, so it's 4 1/2 months out for me.  For me the process was 9 months, but as the program grows, so do wait times.  If your file is still in Thunder Bay, then you can probably expect your surgery to be around March.  They do teleconferences with the surgeon once a month here, and I know someone who's conference was the end of November, and she was told to expect a January surgery date.  Once the file goes down,  things will really move along.  I know you're only joking, but yelling at people isn't going to work in your favour!  Also, the bariatric unit, and all the hospital, has had an administrative shake-up, and Ron is no longer the coordinator - don't know who the new person is, but they have to sign off on the file as well, so that might (or might not) delay things a little bit.  When my file went down end of April, I got called the end of May for teleconference the end of June, then surgery was last half of July.  So for me, things seemed to happen once a month.  Good luck with these last steps.  Hang out here alot - there's lots of good people with good info and support.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics