Hi everyone :)

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 12/5/11 9:04 pm - Canada
Hi Megan

I didnt know Ron was no longer there, i knew Anna was gone which is too bad because she really made an effort to try to move things along for me and get information . All my tests have been done since May and its been the waiting game since . In May they told me i would most likely be going in Aug or Sept.. still dont have a date. I hope i find out soon, im  a single foster parent of 3 kids and i need to make plans for them while im gone.. but after reading some of the posts in this forum, i have a new fear.. what if they cancel my surgery while im there?? it would be a disaster if i made it all the way to Hamilton and they cancelled my surgery for lack of beds!! Ugh!
Megan M.
on 12/6/11 6:37 am - Canada
And I didn't know Anna was gone - that is too bad, I really like her!  I have my 5-month check on Dec. 22, so I guess I'll find out more at that time.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Monica M.
on 12/5/11 8:40 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey Nancy, welcome to the board!!! I hope you find lots of good information here.
My wait was almost exactly a year from referral to surgery date, but i'm down here in the south, so can't really compare to T-bay,, i think.

Best of luck.

Karen M.
on 12/5/11 9:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Welcome! :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

charm64
on 12/5/11 10:20 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 Welcome, and good luck with your journey!  Its a rollercoaster but so worth it.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Robin H.
on 12/5/11 10:55 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
Hi Nancy welcome to the board !!! Well I can tell you wait times suck! but be thankful you aren't at some of the other centres, I too am through the Thunder Bay assessment centre I will be having surgery on the 14th of this month after quite a wait.  Have you had your surgical consent yet? you will need to have a surgical consent and then a surgery class, then it is another couple of months wait and Hamilton calls you direct with the surgery date.  From the time of my original refferal to surgery will be about 14 months.  If you have any questions just ask.  Also make sure you confirm with Thunder Bay that they have even sent your file, I was told many times that my file would be sent to Hamilton and then was not sent so don't hesitate to follow up.

Robin

Gabygee
on 12/5/11 11:04 pm - Canada
Welcome Nancy -
of all the tools you will be using to change your life in the next months, THIS LISTSERV will be one of the most useful!

Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 12/6/11 12:37 am - Canada
Nancy_in_thunder_bay
on 12/6/11 12:48 am - Canada
Hi Robin

I have not had my surgical concent yet.. the last thing that happened was an appointment with Dr Abu-Barkare on Oct 14, he asked some questions, did a little physical and said he would send my file.. that was 2 months ago, i called the clinic last friday and i was told that my file hasnt been sent to Hamilton yet because they are still waiting for Dr. Abu-Bakares notes.
my origial referral from my doctor was sent on Sept 29 2010, so i have already been waiting 14 months, i cant believe i could still have 3 more months or more to wait, this is crazy!!
Robin H.
on 12/6/11 12:56 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
that was my exact hold up I kept calling and following up weekly until it was confirmed that it had been sent.  I then waited about a month and followed up with Hamilton to make sure they recieved it.  once Hamiltong got it, it was about a month until i had my surgical consent and then about a month and a half to 2 months until I heard about a surgery date.  and then the surgery date was within a month of that call

Robin

Most Active
Recent Topics