Suggestion for the best Protein and Mineral Supplements after RNY

thenewbre
on 1/13/12 11:15 am
Syntrax Necure has a number 1-866-333-7403, call between 9 and 5 and they will send you 13 samples of all thier drinks for $13 (taxes, shipping included) so you can try all their flavors. I ordered mine on Monday and had it at my door by Thursday. Haven't tried any yet, but have only heard great things, and the flavors look yummy!! It'll be nice to change up from Premier!
ollieboysladybird
on 1/13/12 6:11 am - Canada
1. premier shakes (as suggested above)
2. spectrum 50+ chewable 2x per day
3. b12 jamison strips or Natures Bounty Vitamin B12 5000 mcg Sublingual Tablets
4. Wellesse liquid calcium citrate 2 x a day 15ml each dose 2 hours apart and 2 hours from other meds/vitamins

then I also do a chewable c and d from jamison

all (except shakes) can be purchased at shoppers drug mart or walmart

sarah
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

tamara310
on 1/13/12 6:52 am
Hi

I buy the whey protein Isolate powder (2lbs). A serving is 1 scoop with 6 oz or 3/4 cup of liquid.  110 calories, fat 0,  1g carb, 28 g of protein. Mix it with milk and you can add another 6-8g of protein.  I buy mine at GNC or the Nutrition House.  However, most health food stores have them. I find it easy and just keep a tupperware container of the powder at work. I have a tupperware bottle with a lid that I keep at work, shake and mix. I do recommend the unflavoured!! You will be adding protein to soups, etc... and the flavoured powders become to much. (at least for me.) The unflavoured is also good mixed with crystal lite.  [ just remember to add powder first then liquid. It blends better!]

The vitamins: I use jamieson Vita-Vims, Life-brand Calcium chews , B12 sublingual, and proferrin for iron. I use the capsules. The pharmacist told me to open the capsules and add the brown powder to applesauce or yogurt. The iron has zero taste, but it turns everything chocolate brown.  I buy all mine a shoppers. Check for coupons! They often have huge sales. I don't live near walmart, but they have good prices too. Make sure iron and multi's are 3 hours apart.

Good luck with your surgery!

Tamara

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/12 7:17 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I like the Isoflex or Iso-Sensation 93 that you buy in a powder at GNC.  Haven't met a flavour I didn't like and it mixes well with no clumps.  I will mix it in milk for a complete meal replacement some days and with water when it's more just a snack.  I have tried a few of the ones that are clear and they are a nice change but I still prefer the creamier ones.  As for Click, it's not a lot of protein in a portion, I think it's 15g at most.  I tried the Premier ones that everyone raves about and I'm not fond, still prefer my own protein powder mentioned above.  It's a bit more work than just opening a ready made but I find the taste much better.

Body by Vi shakes are a scam, steer clear.
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/12 1:46 pm
 I really enjoy the chocolate and strawberry from Milky Whey. I tried so many others, ordered a ton of samples from VitaLady and these are the only ones I can tolerate. 

I use one scoop for 24g of protein but you can easily double it and get 48g. I mix with 1/2c of 2% milk which gives me another 5g of protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics