Optifast Weight Loss

formerlythebigguy
on 1/14/12 6:02 am
I am on day three of my three weeks of Optifast hell - at least that is what it feels like so far.  I was wondering how much some of you have lost on the Optifast part of your weight loss journey to encourage me through the next few weeks.

Thanks everyone.

alexforest
on 1/14/12 6:14 am - Canada
when for my preop yesterday,,, lost 13lbs on day 10 of optifast, hang in there,, after today it should get easier, i went through hell the first few days, but it gets so much easier, good luck!!!
DonnaB1952
on 1/14/12 6:15 am - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
I am on day 18 of 21 and as of this morning I was down 16 pounds... and I am eating raw broccoli, green peppers, celery and cucumbers  = 2 cups a day (we can at HRRH) drinking tons water with crystal light and getting in all 4 shakes each day.

You can do it!
Cheers, (Optifast glass raised here)
Donna

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

JJ_
on 1/14/12 6:25 am
Men will lose more than women.  It also depends on your starting weight as to how much you will lose on Opti as well.

Good luck on Optifast.  It does get better.  I found by day 5 it wasn`t too bad.

Judy
Karen W.
on 1/14/12 6:34 am - Canada
I lost 15 lbs on Opti.  It was actually the most that I've ever lost in a 3-week period.

RNY April 11, 2011       

paparufus
on 1/14/12 6:51 am, edited 1/14/12 7:12 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 Hang in there big guy.  I am new to this forum and have been taking Optifast for 12 days.  The first few days are hard, but it gets easier.  I only felt hungry my first few nights. It was more of a mental craving than actual physical hunger.  Drink consome, tea, coffee, and have some diet jello.  Keep up the water intake to keep your stomach feeling full.  I HAVE LOST 22 POUNDS IN THE FIRST 11 DAYS !!!!   17 more days to go.  Starting weight was 350.  I say this not to pat myself on the back, but to keep you motivated.  Keep your eyes on the prize.  Tell yourself you're in it to win it.   Remeber, your liver must shrink for the surgery to go easy.  The more weight you lose before surgery, the easier the recovery.  That should be  motivation enough.  The following link outlinines the benefits of weight loss before surgery and the complexities of surgery in the obese.  The risk of having to have an open surgery keeps me on the straight and narrow.

http://obesitymanagement.com.au/media/1021/pre%20operative%2 0protocol.pdf
skyjem
on 1/14/12 7:00 am - Canada
The hardest part of Optifast for me was the hunger. From the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. Which of course made me grumpy.
I lost 14lbs at the end of my 2 weeks, technically 12 days. I thought it was horrible but than I had to tell myself to smarten up. When was the last time I lost 14lbs in 2 weeks? Never.
Good luck on the rest of your optifast days. Sooner than you think it'll be a distant memory.

Dianadcr
on 1/14/12 7:19 am - Canada
Optifast gets better. In a week I've lost a pound a day. However when I went to PATTS yesterday I registered a weight gain because I had my boots on, heavy jeans and thigh sweater. Go figure.
  Diana

charm64
on 1/14/12 7:40 am - Cambridge, Canada
I was like most people that have posted.  by day 4 or 5 it was easier.  When you get into Ketosis.  I lost 13 lbs in two weeks. 
Best wishes!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

paparufus
on 1/14/12 8:04 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 Oh, I forgot to mention.  After not eating for 12 days, the chocolate Optifast sure tastes like a rich and creamy DQ shake.  LOL !!!
Most Active
Recent Topics