What was your favorite foods going onto soft-foods?

ollieboysladybird
on 1/15/12 3:03 am - Canada
As you transitioned over to Soft foods and then beyond, what were some of your favorite things to eat?

Did you end up needing to go to a restaurant and found something awesome on the menu that worked with soft foods?
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

HaroldC
on 1/15/12 3:06 am - Canada
Great question! I am one day behind you, Dec 20.
Are you at TWH on Jan 20 for follow up?

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

ollieboysladybird
on 1/15/12 3:09 am - Canada
I went early for my follow up because I had complications a few days after I was discharged and the surgeon said we could count my 2 week post follow up as my follow up and if I needed anything to let them know but otherwise from the RNY surgery perspective all looked well. My nurse follow up is on Feb 3....weird that it's 7 weeks post but they have assured me this is fine!
Sarah

RNY
Surgery Date: December 19th 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/12 3:35 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
My clinic recommended casserole type things for soft foods.  Everything in casseroles is always well cooked and all the veggies are soft.
Leslie W.
on 1/15/12 3:53 am - Cobourg, Canada
For me it was poached eggs, shrimp and more shrimp, and Wendy's chili. Now I eat lots of chicken, chili still my fall back. Good with ground beef and fish. I stay away from other types of beef.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
trudylam
on 1/15/12 5:08 am - Sudbury, Canada
Shrimp ****tail, wendy's chili, tim horton's chili, refried beans with taco sauce on it, yogurt, sf pudding, tuna.  Those were my staples.  I think I was eating deli meats and cheese strings at that point too.
Leanne1
on 1/15/12 6:00 am - Newmarket, Canada
I ate alot of yoguart, cottage cheese, eggs. Chicken agreed with me. I made my own chili. I ate (and still do) deli meats- ham is my fav and keilbasa too. I made my own "lunchable" cracker, meat and cheese. I still like to eat that, sometimes as a lunch or just a snack Pepperettes were a good snack as well.
charm64
on 1/15/12 6:27 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Eggs were my favorite.   Still love them.  

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

MisterDiminishing
on 1/15/12 6:29 am - Windsor, Canada
Egg/cheese omelet. Cottage cheese. Protein home-run choices for breakfast and first snack.

Shelley L.
on 1/16/12 1:38 am - Canada
campbells cream of mushroom soup made with skim milk and habitant pea soup...lived on these two.
I made sheppards pie..with ground turkey or chicken or beef...mashed potatoes with protein hidden in them and low fat cheese on top. We eat such a small amount at that time..I figured the potatoes would not matter with the extra protein in them!

Most Active
Recent Topics