Tummy troubles!

laura S.
on 1/18/12 2:12 am - London, Canada
Hi,

I know the first piece of advice I'm going to get is "call your centre".  I will if it gets serious enough, but the reason I'm writing this is to find out if other people have had the same issues and how they've handlede it.

Background:  I've been "stuck" for almost a month now.  Hovering just over/under 240 lbs.  I know stalls are normal and am not freaking out about it.  I have however, not been following the guidelines as strictly as I should over Christmas and fell off the exercise wagon during that two weeks as well.  I am halfway back on it - walking every other day, but am not doing the upper body workouts again due to a shoulder problem I'm having.  

Last week I had a problem with rice that I posted here.  I threw up terribly twice after eating it during the week and have now scratched it off my eating list for a very long time - if ever!

The past few days I've had pain in my mid abdomen.  A few inches above the belly button - front and centre.  Worse at night, and worse after I eat.  It's not debilitating pain, but very uncomfortable, and it passes after a while - no gas or bathroom issues by the way! 

My solution - Today and tomorrow I'm going back to protein shakes/broth/iced coffee (cuz I'm addicted! lol) and easy soups.  I'm hoping that will give things time to settle down, and still get my protein in and all my vitamins.  Friday I will start on mushy stuff for the weekend and then see how I am next week.

To the vets... does this sound like a good way to handle things?  Of course if it gets any worse, I would immediately call the centre, but I'm thinking that maybe I just aggravated something a bit when I was so sick last week and my digestive tract needs a bit of a break.

Thoughts?

Monica M.
on 1/18/12 2:16 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Sounds like a reasonable course of action. Treat your tummy gently for a bit. 

That being said, however,  I wouldnt rule out an ulcer or something like that. When is the next time you're due to see your dietitian/surgeon? I think, if your pain doesnt completely go away that you should make an appt with someone.

Catw
on 1/18/12 3:27 am - Arnprior, Canada
Go for the simple and bland diet for now.  If the pain keeps up, definitely go see your clinic.  If not an ulcer, I wonder if it's something with your stomach acid, or with your gallbladder.  The pain isn't enough for small stones in the gallbladder (you would know), but it could be something around there.

Good luck with it, hopefully the diet change will be enough.

Cathy

chubbyuckersmom
on 1/18/12 2:07 pm - Port Sydney, Canada
I too have had tummy problems lately. So sorry for your pain at night, i do not have that problem just the vomiting. Best of luck with the bland diet, i too am sticking to soups and pureed foods for a while to see if the vomiting stops.

Most Active
Recent Topics