keeping vitamins down?

TraceyM45
on 1/18/12 5:26 am
So I have a touchy pouch and this week switched from chewable vitamins to pill form.  The first day I crushed them and added applesauce (unsweetened) and "Reject" almost immediately vomitted them back up.  Today I thought if I cut them in 3rds and took them with water I could get them down..wrong again.  I finished taking them and not 30 seconds later was running to throw up again.  This has happened a couple of times with meat (pork loin) but never with meds. 

What am I missing? 

Thanks for the help,

Tracey

charm64
on 1/18/12 8:06 am - Cambridge, Canada
So sorry this is happening. I have the sleeve, but the only way I can take vitamins is 5 min after I eat. I only have a little water because I never eat and drink at the sometime but I have to get the vitamins down. If I don't take them with food I throw up.

Hope you are able to keep them down

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Karen W.
on 1/18/12 8:27 am - Canada
Hi Tracey.

Why did you switch from chewables to pill form?  Were you unable to find a chewable that you could tolerate?  Personally, I'm 9 months out and have no intention of taking any big pills any time in the near future.  I gag from the chemical taste when I cut them or when I crush them.  Chewables aren't exactly yummy, but I find they are much less of a problem than pills.

I hope you find a solution soon.  Good luck!

RNY April 11, 2011       

TraceyM45
on 1/18/12 10:53 am
I switched because I couldn't get the Shoppers brand and was given a list by my APN for alternatives I tolerated the chewables and thought it would be nice to be able to take them normally. 

I'm going to pick up some of the unjury chewables at my next appointment till then I will have to find a way to get them down or a chewable that will replace the shoppers brand.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tracey

Karen M.
on 1/18/12 9:37 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Centrum chewables - I've taken them for 6 years.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

sweetinnocence
on 1/18/12 11:49 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 I take the Centrum Select 50+ chewable.  It is comparable to the Shoppers brand.  I think they're about 15 a bottle at Walmart.  They taste pretty good too! 

Sher1ock
on 1/18/12 12:59 pm - Canada
I checked out the pharmacy at the Civic today and they had about 20 bottles of Opurity chewables on the shelf.  About $50 for 3 months worth.

TraceyM45
on 1/18/12 11:50 pm
Thanks, I'm heading for the chewables this am.

Appreciate all the feedback.

Tracey

Ottawa34
on 1/19/12 1:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I switched to pill form 3 wks out, i couldnt stand the chewable pills or b12 tongue sheet yuck lol
I try to take my vitamins before or right after a meal. 

good luck
 Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Most Active
Recent Topics