REACHED GOAL!!! and changing it....

Karen W.
on 1/19/12 3:06 am - Canada
OMG, I've reached my goal of 160!  The scale told me this yesterday, but I wouldn't believe it until I saw it 2 days in a row.  Just over 9 months out and down 95 lbs.  I'm absolutely thrilled!

Now the big decision:  Do I change my goal?  160 leaves me 10 lbs into the "overweight" category.  The top end of "normal" BMI for me is 150.  I'm also thinking about the regain that happens later on, and wondering where I should set my sights so that I can have a bit of regain and still be "normal".

I think I'll change it to 150 and see what happens.  But I'm going to leave at at 160 for the rest of the week, just so that I can enjoy looking at my ticker showing that I've reached my goal!

NSV - My size 12 pants are feeling pretty loose today.  Thinking of daring to try the size 10's in my closet....

Love my RNY!

RNY April 11, 2011       

sam1am
on 1/19/12 3:12 am
I'm so happy for you Karen!

In my humble opinion go lower because the bounce back is a *****!

Now go try on those 10's

PS I weigh the same as you roughly and wear mostly 8's, but have a couple of 6's and 10's so you may be surprised!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Brandy S.
on 1/19/12 3:12 am - Sudbury, Canada
Wow thats great news congratulations!
I know you will reach your new goal!
Brandyyy  
CanDoItFour
on 1/19/12 3:19 am - Canada
Congratulations Karen.  That's absolutely fantastic!!!  Grab those pants and celebrate.

I understand your logic about the "goal" completely.  I've decided to shoot for a normal BMI too - partly for the satisfaction and partly as a safety valve against the regain: but, if it doesn't happen, so be it. 

160 is amazing, and I'm so happy for you.  Enjoy that ticker!  You deserve to.

Claire
JJ_
on 1/19/12 3:23 am
YAHOOOO!  Congratulations.  In 9 months too :)

Judy
charm64
on 1/19/12 3:52 am - Cambridge, Canada
That is fantastic! Congrats! I am in the exact same boat! I am at 160 and the clinic goal was 165 but I am only 5ft 2". I would like to be 140 but I think I will let my body decide. I am worried about that bounce back as well.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Brenda T.
on 1/19/12 4:31 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Wonderful!! Congratulations!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 1/19/12 4:44 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's awesome!!!

i vote to leave your goal where it is, for at least a week, and then reevaluate.

You're awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrishwantstoLive
on 1/19/12 4:56 am - Ennismore, Canada
 Way to GO!!
I can't wait to be where you are right now!!
Let your body tell you how it feels and let it guide your decision to go for that extra 10lbs.
Keep up the great work!!
Referral:  August/2011                                    Nutrition Class: April 3rd/2012 TWH
Orientation: Jan/11/2012 at TWH                  Nutrition Assesment: May 15th/2012
Social Worker: March 6th/2012 at TWH       Psychologist: May15th/2012
Nurse Practioner: April 3rd/2012 TWH         Meeting with Sleep Dr: June 19th/2012
Meeting w Surgeon: Oct 12th/2012               Surgery Date: February 27th/2013

Kathy R.
on 1/19/12 6:16 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 01/27/12
Woohoo!  Congraatulations!  I take it you are 5ft 5in - that's what I am and I know150 is what I'm aiming for (top end of BMI)- although a bit more than that would be ok too for me!! 
Kathy         StevesGal (Beth) is my wonderful angel     SURGERY January 27, 2012
HW: 297  Weight at referral: 285  Weight 1st appt: 276  Start of Optifast: 262

Most Active
Recent Topics