6 weeks out and look out!

Robin H.
on 1/27/12 1:13 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 well it is official I am now 6 weeks out!!! i have been doing pretty good mostly getting all my protien in but struggle some days with fluids seems cold is not my friend i do better with warm beverages.  Been hitting the pool lots and enjoying it even forcing myself when i dont want to go.  
Had my follow up with the nurutionist and only thing is i need to drink less protien and eat more,  but usually getting between 6-800 cal per day.  my blood work was all very good so no concerns there.  I was a bit drained this past week but had sick kids at home and was burning the candle at both ends.  Took a sick day and napped off and on all afternoon.  Having gone back to work only 3 weeks out has had its drawbacks but nothing i cant handle.  I have a lay off coming at the end of March so I will push through.  I am down 50lbs since starting opti fast and am excited to say I have met some goals already including being light enough to use my wii balance board and I am happy to report that last night i stood on it and it didn;t yell back to get off.   

Well tomorrow i am heading sliding with the kids ,,,,,,, i have been on the sidelines all winter waiting for the okay to go down the hill and now I am good to go so watch out!! one good thing is my button wont constantly be poppoing on my snow pants like this time like last winter.  I love having fun with my kids and have never let my size stop me so tomorrow will be a blast they will be fighting me to get thier turn on the hill   well that is my update!

robin

truckingbride
on 1/27/12 6:27 pm - Harriston , Canada

Awesome! Good for you , sounds like you are doing great! Being that you live in TB where did you have your surgery??

Robin H.
on 1/27/12 11:29 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 St joes hamilton is our surgical site

Megan M.
on 1/27/12 7:49 pm - Canada
 You're doing so well. What a feeling to be living life the way you should be. I bet your kids are thrilled too.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

DonnaB1952
on 1/27/12 8:51 pm - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
Wonderful Robin... a new lease on life! Let that kid out in you and yell with glee all the way down that hill girl!

Enjoy your day, Donna

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/12 9:50 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
So happy for you Robin!! Keep up the good work!!
Brenda T.
on 1/27/12 10:40 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Awesome job girl!!! You are such an inspiration!! Thanks for the update.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Moselle
on 1/27/12 10:42 pm - Athens, Canada
 Way to go Robin.  Keep up the good  work. It truly is an amazing journey.  Hope you have a wonderful snow day with your kids.
PaulaToronto
on 1/28/12 1:43 am - Toronto, Canada
You are still so early out, just a week behind me.  How much protein were you getting from drinks?  I just recently went back to 2 a day as I wanted to increase my protein closer to 80-90 to help heal and lose.  The staff at Hamilton had no problem with that since I stilll eat protein from meat and eggs and fish 3 times a day albeit small portions. From everything I have read hear and on the main VSG board, don't worry about relying on protein drinks this early out. - just get your protein in.  I was told a min of 60 but when I said I wanted to be 80-90 they were fine with this. They don't set an upper limit.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Robin H.
on 1/28/12 1:58 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 i make a 42g shake on the am and drink it through the day i am getting usually around 80g in a day i think she just wanted to make sure i wasn't relying on just the drinks 

Most Active
Recent Topics