New girl needs friends

Radiogirl39
on 1/31/12 12:29 am - Canada
Welcome Donna!  I feel bad that it takes so long for people out of town to get throught this process.  Good luck!

Julie

northernlight
on 1/31/12 1:01 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Donna - welcome to the forum. This is a great place to find support and knowledge and to make new friends while you travel through the process of pursuing bariatric surgery. Yes, it's a long wait but use the time to your advantage to learn all that you can about the many changes you'll need to make in order for your surgery to be successful. Also, try not to compare yourself with others (yes, I know, easier said than done - lol) because people often move ahead at different speeds, depending on what tests they require, where they're having their surgery done, or whether they've asked to be put on any "cancellation lists". Just concentrate on being as healthy and knowledgeable as you can be before you get to your surgery date and enjoy the company of the fabulous folks on this forum. Best of luck to you!

Deb

Mary A.
on 1/31/12 1:07 am
Donna:  IT takes time and like fine wine, this process can't be rushed, my entire process from referral GP to actual surgery was almost 2 years

and that was 3 years ago...mind you I had surgery in Duluth, MN...but as I look back...it seems like a lifetime ago.

Take this time to start making positive changes in your life...start cutting out or down on sugar, reduce and cut out soda...get the garbage foods out of your house, or at least don't but them anymore...sort of like a new life purging.

I took the entire year prior to surgery, to read everything I could..I called it "the good, the bad and the ugly"...I read every post on a board I belonged to back then...I read a lot of things I didn't want to read, but WHO better to hear things from than people that have actually gone through it.

The professionals are the best at what they do, but there is so much that they don't know about after care and life as a bariatric patient.  I was extremely fortunate as my surgeon actually had the sleeve about 8 months prior to me having my operaiton, so I knew he knew 1st hand the obstacles etc.

I had a plastic consult on Sept 29/2011....I am still waiting to hear if I was approved..a woman on this board had her plastic consult here locally and heard within a week, she's already had her surgery..am I anxious..a bit...but once again I am not an overly impatient person...and this also will happen...

Keep your head up, start reading eveyrthing you can and like all things in life do NOT measur eyour experience/wati time/ weight loss/experience against any otehr person.

you are unique...and it will happen.

All the best

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

jdance
on 1/31/12 3:01 am - Canada
Welcome aboard Donna,
it can be very frustrating waiting and waiting, but one day it will come to an end, and you will be amazed at how it was all worth it.

Keep posting, we are here to encourage.

J

Ready2ChangeMe
on 1/31/12 5:17 am - Canada
 Add me if you like...I am 2 mths post op RnY....and open to answer your questions or encourage you on your journey! All the best!

Most Active
Recent Topics