New girl needs friends

Nathalie_Can
on 1/30/12 8:24 am
Hey you!
It sure feels like a long process but I swear, after your surgery and you get to say "wow, 3 months post-op already, where did the time go by" it feels awesome..lol..doesn't feel like it now but I promise, don't discourage, the journey itself is worth every minute.

Without telling your city if you don't want to, I'm just curious which area of Ontario you are in?

And if it cheers you up, it took a little over 2 years from day one to surgery date...lol

Happy to see you are posting here and welcome to this great forum...everyone is great here and so helpful with every questions, even the ones where we think they are considered "silly" questions.

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

RYMEBE73
on 1/30/12 8:42 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
welcome! I am fairly new too...I just got my referal two weeks ago...playing the waiting game...

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/12 8:43 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Welcome to the board Donna...you will find alot of friends and info here. you can add me as a friend as well if you like.
Leslie W.
on 1/30/12 9:15 am - Cobourg, Canada
I hear you and you are not alone.I was 18 months from start to end. You are sooooooooo close. Your turn will be here soon. There does not seem to be too much reasoning how fast some move along. Some go really quick others it is a little longer. I used my waiting time to make positive changes in my life. Joined a support group and made new friends to support me. Your turn will be here soon.

Leslie

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Robin H.
on 1/30/12 9:24 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 welcome Donna.  you will find lots of great support here.  Many waiting to get a date, a few on optifast, some newly out of surgery and a few long time out .  Lots of great knowledge and advice.

Robin

smiley_k
on 1/30/12 9:33 am
Welcome Donna! There are a lot of awesome people on this forum with a lot of knowledge, advice and friendliness to offer. Oh.. and feel free to 'whine'...sometimes we all need to vent occassionally! What centre are you going through? 

Best of luck with your journey! Hopefully it speeds up soon!
Katie  ♥     

Monica M.
on 1/30/12 11:06 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey Donna. So glad that you know you can be honest with us here. That's an important thing to learn.

One more thing you'll need to learn, is to not compare yourself with others. Not now, when you see people moving forward, perhaps faster than you, and not later when people may be losing faster or slower than you are. You need to travel y our own path. Your journey is your journey, and will happen as fast or as slow as you're meant to.

Hugs.

Monica

denise_norman
on 1/30/12 11:13 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
Hi Donna, I am fairly new too. Welcome to the board. You can add me as a friend if you would like. My journey was about a year as well. Maybe a little longer from start to finish. All good things are worth the wait!!!!

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

DonnaK12
on 1/30/12 12:55 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Welcome Donna I am pretty new as well.  I'm waiting for my surgeons appointment.  I hope things move along for you.  You can add me as a friend as well
Take care
Donna

Onward and
Downward

on 1/30/12 8:11 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Welcome, Donna!  I'm pretty early in the process myself - I am going to my orientation in a few weeks.  I look forward to hearing about your journey!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics