New girl needs friends

donna2012
on 1/30/12 7:39 am - Canada
 Hi I am new here and would like to make some friends as I need to stay encouraged.  I have been on the journey with bariatric weight loss for a year now.  At this point I am waiting for my surgical consult/consent video conference.  For some reason I am starting to feel very discouraged as I see other people moving through the process faster than me.  Ewwwwww....I sound so whiney !!!!  But I feel like I can be honest here, and this is where I'm at !!!  So I thought I would go on here and look for some encouragement and friends who understand.
Thanks,
Donna
Gwen Boldick
on 1/30/12 7:41 am - Canada
 welcome donna.....you can add me as a friend and i would help you with anything you may need to know as well as the other people on here who have been out of surgery longer than me......
donna2012
on 1/30/12 7:44 am - Canada
thank you
Catw
on 1/30/12 7:47 am - Arnprior, Canada
 Welcome Donna, you'll find lots of friends and support here at the sight.  Don't be too discouraged, I was 18 months before I had surgery, and I was a simple case.  Plus I did things as quick as I could.

Good luck with your journey!
Cathy

Janet13
on 1/30/12 7:50 am - Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the board Donna. You will find a lot of friends and support here. You can add me as a friend if you like.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

JJ_
on 1/30/12 7:53 am
Hi Donna,

Welcome to OH.  You must be in northern Ontario if you are waiting for video conferencing!  It seems that the facilities for this take longer to book than when people travel to Toronto for appointments.  This journey is a journey of patience.  If you don`t have any, you can learn :)

All the best.

Judy
charm64
on 1/30/12 7:55 am - Cambridge, Canada
Welcome Donna,

The wait is very frustrating but it is very worth it.
Best wishes on your journey.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/30/12 8:04 am - Windsor, Canada
Welcome Donna!

There are lots of super-nice people on this board.  I've been on here for probably around 7 years now.  Just make yourself comfy, ask away and find friends on here, ask for mentorship, and make yourself comfy as you get to the loser's bench. Regardless of how long your wait is, you'll find surgery is one of the most challenging yet amazing rides of  your life.

Looking forward to your posts,

Dawnie :) 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Brenda T.
on 1/30/12 8:04 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Welcome, you will find great support here.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/12 8:24 am - Canada
Hi there :) I am new to the group also.

You can add me as a friend if you like!
Most Active
Recent Topics