Gas Pain Post Op

formerlythebigguy
on 2/4/12 10:38 am
I am two days post op and am now back at home. Everything went well with the surgery but the long drive home almost killed me. The gas pain is not going away and now my abdomen seems to be hurting a lot more. I'm not sure if I will be able to lye in bed tonight or if I should just stay in my recliner. Any thoughts from those that have had surgery? Is this normal for two days out? How long did you have gas pain?
Toni B.
on 2/4/12 11:26 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 I didn't pass ANY gas until day 4 post-op, and then FINALLY it started to improve drastically after that.

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

momof4beautifulgirls
on 2/4/12 11:31 am - Canada
A heating pad or warm blanket against my tummy seemed to help the discomfort of gas pains.  I slept in my recliner for the first few days after surgery as I could not bare the pain of going from a lying down position to a sitting up position.  It does get better...

paparufus
on 2/4/12 5:57 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
I'm 4 days post op and have pain in one spot. The 2nd incision above the belly button and slightly to the right.  also painful when going from lying down to getting up.  Not sure if it is gas pain or just incision pain.  Passing gas somewhat since day 3. No BM yet.  Otherwise, all is great.
Leanne1
on 2/4/12 9:01 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Walk, walk, walk to get the gas moving everyone!
aprilflowers
on 2/4/12 10:10 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
Oh yes, my gas pains lasted a few days. I tried gas-x dissolvable strips. Within a day the gas started moving. Try rocking side to side while sitting too, or if you can, bending over a bit and rocking while supporting your hands on a table.

Mary A.
on 2/6/12 1:12 am
did you remember to get out and walk aorund every couple of hours while you were driving????

it's difficult in the first few days to get moving becaus eyou are tired..but you have to...walk, walk, walk, sip, sip sip.

I luckily had no gas difficulties as I was barely in my room after my surgery and my home drive was only 3 hours, but I got out twice to walk around for 10-15 minutes.

good luck!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics