Ridiculous low amount of weight loss

Muddymark
on 2/21/12 12:47 am, edited 2/21/12 12:49 am
Any suggestions / advice from others who experienced the same, on my situation.  Basically for the 3rd and 4th month, I have only lost 6-7lbs in total for the two months combined!  I eat the right amount of protein, stick to the 1 cup of food, take the vitamins and get the 2 litres of water.  It feels like I am the only person that this surgery is NOT going to work for.  I am not really looking for a pep talk, just advice from people who have experienced the same.  And yes, I am exercising at least 4 times per week.

stewartjackie
on 2/21/12 1:00 am - Pickering, Canada
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but it might help if you track your food in the site I use, myfitnesspal.com. It gives you a breakdown of your protein, fat, carbs and calories and you can print off the pages and give them to your dietician, who can do an analysis for you and give you suggestions.
good luck

Muddymark
on 2/21/12 1:03 am
Thanks I might give that a try!  Anything at this point is worth trying.   It is so depressing.

Leanne1
on 2/21/12 1:16 am - Newmarket, Canada
A good formula to use, when tracking your foods, is: 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats

I used this formula thru my weight loss phase ;)
I use fitday.com. It may take you trying a few different food trackers to find the one that you like.
Robin H.
on 2/21/12 2:19 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
i love that site i use it to and find it very helpful

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 1:16 am
Are you a lightweight? Those who have about 100 pounds to lose, lose more slowly. It just happens that way. Tracking what you are eating is good too. Perhaps something you are eating has more calories than you realize. Maybe you need to up your exercise, our bodies get used to routines.
Karen W.
on 2/21/12 1:36 am - Canada
Yes, it happened to me too.  I was about 6 months out; total stall for 3 weeks, 1 lb loss, 1 lb gain, stall for 3 weeks, 1 lb loss, then back to normal (which for me is usually 1-2 lbs per week), so a total loss of 1 lb over a period of 8 weeks!  Are you tracking your measurements?  You could be losing inches but not weight; this happened to me during my long stall (I lost a size, but not weight).

Are you getting enough calories?  My weight loss has stalled when I'm not getting enough in; I guess it hordes because it thinks I'm starving myself.

See the dietician with a detailed list of everything you ingest, including volume and/or weight.  When I did that, I was surprised that she told me to increase my caloric intake. And if you're not taking your measurements, it's time to start! Good luck and hang in!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Dianadcr
on 2/21/12 1:56 am - Canada
I am one month out and have been a very slow loser. I talked to the nurse today at my one month session about how little I've been losing. (I am just starting puree today). Her response is that we all lose differently. I had less to lose and so it is probably going to be very slow for me. She told me I can expect 1 - 2 lbs a week..sounds discouraging to me but evntually I'll get to where I should be.
  Diana

PatXYZ
on 2/21/12 2:12 am
Carbs could be the culprit. Many people find they have to stick to 50g per day or less to maintain ketosis and fat loss. I'm betting carbs may be the culprit. Do you track your intake? Can you post what typical intake for a day or two looks like for you?
Muddymark
on 2/21/12 3:00 am
Here is what a typical day looks like:
Breakfast:  protein smoothie (1/2 banana, handful of frozen berries, yogurt, and protein)
Lunch:  chicken (2 ounces) and couscous with tomatoes
Supper:  1 cup of spaghetti sauce
Snck:  sugar free popsicles or cheese/crackers

Most Active
Recent Topics