Protein Bars and Shakes

dawn4511
on 3/5/12 10:59 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Thank you everyone I was feeling guilty about drinking my shake even thou it was working for me. You guys put it in perspective. Thanks again.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Mary A.
on 3/6/12 1:20 am
I am 3 years post-op and I include whey protein in my coffee in the morning, then I have a protein snack size bar at coffee break.

If I did not consume enough protein for my lunch and dinner on rare occasion Iwill have a shake for dinner.

YOu should do what you enjoy and fills the quota of your protein intake..IMO opinion I think that the professionals want to say..eat more (food) rely less on protein substitutes..but if you enjoy them and like I do...begin your dad with it instead of slipping back into a sausage mcmuffin or whateve rthey are called..then I believe we should follow what continues to work

JMO

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

SandpaperSandy
on 3/6/12 8:16 am - Kitchener, Canada
I am in the maintenance stage after loosing 100 pounds in 1 year.
I am trying not to drop anymore weight so I was told to drink 1 shake a day to help with the maintenance.   I eat very healthy and I eat 6 times a day - so the shake is my morning coffee/latte and I feel so much better throughout the day after I have it. 

does the shake replace my breakfast - no, it is part of it, just like the protein bar is my emergency snack.   

Most Active
Recent Topics