my magic coat!!

Robin H.
on 3/8/12 3:25 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
well, I have a jacket I bought on clearance YEARS ago, I just loved this vibrant pink jacket, peacoat style with large bold pink buttons in a satininy material with a liner.  I bought it about 10 years ago and barely ever put it on as it didn't do up and well what use is a jacket that doesnt do up in the north!  So yesterday I had to attend a funeral and looked at my current jacket and thought I would be emabarassed to wear this terrible worn oversized smock of a thing..... so I didn't , instead I pulled out my vibrant pink jacket...... It fit great, it did up and i didn't even have to undo it to sit in the car.  Well I arrived at the funeral...... I must have stood out like a sore thumb.... lets remeber I am 5'10 wearing a vibrant pastel pinl satin peacoat to a funeral and yes 290 lbs bahahaha well to my surprise the response i got was overwhelming ... many of the family had not seen me for some time so mom and I strolled in looking good and the compliments never stopped..... ok I am officially in love with my new old pink coat..... So I wear it today to a meeting I was attending and work... everyone at work comments on how much they love the jacket etc.  Then we were done our meeting a few minutes early so I scooted over to a small mall near our meeting place and I had 3 strangers walk up to me and comment and touch my coat LOL ok this is a bit new for me but I sure could get used to this LOL.  OK so officially my new best friend is my new old pink coat!  I will have to take a pick of me in it and post for you all to see my magic coat LOL  well it certainly could have something to do with the confidence as i walk knowing i look better than i have in years but i like to believe it is my magic coat.

Robin

Monica M.
on 3/8/12 3:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i think you're the magic one!!!!!

Ammi Tu
on 3/8/12 3:40 am
RNY on 04/13/12
CONGRATS!!!
It's definitely a great feeling when something old fits!! So glad you had such a great experience.
Keep up the good work!

Referral: pre-Aug 2010 <>  Info Session: Mar 18/11 <>  Nurse Practioner: Oct  31/11  <>  Behaviourist/Dietitian: Nov 15/11 <> Social Worker: end Nov/11  <>  Endoscopy: Jan 18/12 <>  Education Class: Feb 29/12  <>  Surgeon Mtg: Mar 6, 2012  <>  Called w/Date: 20 Mar, 2012 <> Surgeon: Dr. Mamazza  <> RNY Surgery Date: 13 Apr/12
350Ann180
on 3/8/12 3:41 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Show us the magic pink coat!

Dianadcr
on 3/8/12 4:05 am - Canada
Robin, must be such a great feeling. Celebrate your marvelous achievements!
  Diana

irol770
on 3/8/12 5:08 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
What a happy story!  I can't wait to see your magic coat! 

I only ever kept a few things from my thinner days, but some of them have stayed in style or came back into style!  LOL  But I will wear them now and people at work comment on my new item of clothing and ask where I got it from  and I have to tell them that I really don't remember because I bought it 15 years ago and it is just fitting me now!  LOL

The vibrant pink colour is just perfect for the arrival of Spring!
Glitter Text Generator

northernlight
on 3/8/12 5:39 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
What a nice, uplifting story - it gave me my smile for the day, Robin!  I'd love to see a pic of this very special pink coat that is making you feel and look like a million bucks! Wear it proudly and strut your stuff, girl!

Deb

smiley_k
on 3/8/12 8:54 am
Awesome NSV Robin! 
Katie  ♥     

mom4life
on 3/8/12 8:48 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Lovely!

And I, like everyone else before me, now need to see a picture of you in your pink coat.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Allaryanna
on 3/9/12 1:34 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12

Woohoo for new old things!!!

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics