help late dumping syndrom?

Robin H.
on 3/23/12 12:59 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 ok went for dinner, didnt feel i over ate but didnt eat much all day about 3 hrs later felt like i was freezing ..... could not get warm but felt flushed, weak, dizzy, general ill feeling took my temp thought forsure had a feaver but nope no stomach discomfort just totally body discomfort..... does this sound like late dumping????? really shakey, cheaks feel on fire

Robin

DonnaK12
on 3/23/12 1:06 pm - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
I am still  pre-op but I hope you are feeling better!

Robin H.
on 3/23/12 1:12 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 thanks headache starting now and eyes seem foggy if it gets to bad will tell hubby to take me to hospital

onmom
on 3/23/12 1:26 pm
Sounds more like a cold or flu coming on but not yet at the fever stage.
Allaryanna
on 3/23/12 1:54 pm - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 Sounds fluish to me.   Just had it last week very disconcerting...thought I was dieing.

Dietician confirmed not an issue with my food.

Di

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Megan M.
on 3/23/12 1:54 pm - Canada
What did you have to eat?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

nata
on 3/23/12 2:50 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Typical symptoms of hypoglycemic episode. I believe the "late dumping" is actually hypoglycemia and it should not be associated with stomach discomfort.

It might be a good idea to get a blood sugar meter. Anything below 4.0 can cause these symptoms.
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
PatXYZ
on 3/24/12 6:38 am
Totally agree with this. Dr. Roslin's research on this issue has shown that 'late dumping' and reactive hypoglycaemia are one and the same and extremely common in RNYers.
Donnaslifepart2
on 3/23/12 10:01 pm - Canada
 I do not seem to be an early dumper but I was warned that as time passes I may become a late dumper.  I wasn't sure what this meant, exactly.  I think that what are describing sounds like it.  Do you remember how many carbs you before that episode?

Robin H.
on 3/24/12 12:34 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 ok definately must have been late dumping or low bloos sugar or something like that.... feel fine this morning.... i had 2 small pieces of fish, brocoli salad bean salad (tablespoon taste of each) and 1/4 roasted potato.... i will admit i had not really eaten all day so things might have been off to begin with

Most Active
Recent Topics