What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

aprilflowers
on 4/13/12 12:14 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
Pre-op? I was definitely reckless with my meals the week before I started Opti.lol

Enjoy!

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/13/12 12:34 am
Hello everyone.

B:  Oatmeal with 10g walnuts

S: Croutons with peanut butter (ugh) shouldn't have had this
I'm such an emotional eater. I got angry reading someones post this morning and all of a sudden I 'm eating this ****
I need to know what to do when I'm upset besides go to the fridge. Something simple not like 'take a bath' or 'read a book' or something like that. 

L: Salad with cheese /egg/Fibre1/.5C cucumber 2 TBSP FF dressing

S: Protein shake

D: BBq's chicken ...1/2 corn on cob 

S:???

350Ann180
on 4/13/12 3:14 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
My cognitive behavioural therapist suggested I write on recipie cards all the reasons I want to / need to lose weight.  I have these little cards scattered around where I most need them.  Inside the kitchen cupboard, in my desk at work, in my purse, in my car.  When I am feeling that way - I need to recognize the feeling and what caused it.  Then read the card to remind yourself to stay on track.

Hope that helps!

NervousNelly57
on 4/13/12 12:38 am - Guelph, Canada
Good morning,

I've just been to see the bariatric clinic for my 4 month appointment this morning.  They seem pleased with my progress, even though I think it's been slow.  I was down 8 lbs from the 2 month appt, which seems like a very small amount, but they reiterated what Dr Reed said about my age and height and mobility level being factors that would keep me losing slowly.  They said instead to focus on the positive changes like getting rid of the diabetes meds and blood pressure meds.

Apparently I've lost 40% of the total they wanted me to lose since my first appointment, so they are very happy!

So, today's menu:

B - Babybel light

S - cottage cheese/berries/nsa jam

L - mealoaf

S - pumpkin seeds

D - more meatloaf

S - Premier shake

1 or 2 coffees and 4 bottles of water!

Sharon

thefrostedside
on 4/13/12 3:59 am - Canada
What am I doing today?  I'm steaming at my hubby as many of you know, went to visit my grandma and am going to pick up my kids from school soon so that my friends can have face to face confirmation that I'm ok lol...several visited in hospital but many couldn't and we all pick our kids up at the same time so I figure it will kill a couple birds with one stone and might prevent the surprise visitors over the weekend, with 4 kids surprise visitors aren't fair lol.

I'm newly pre-op so my menu is a little bland to say the least lol

B - 1/4C oat bran with 1/4C skim milk (made yogurt too but that didn't happen), 1/3C Syntrax 
      Cappucino protein shake
S - 1/4C unsweetened apple snack
L - 1/3C strained cream of chicken soup, 1/3C protein shake
S - 1/3C 0% fat greek yogurt with a splash of sugar free vanilla syrup
D - 1/3C strained cream of mushroom soup, 1/3 C protein shake
S - 1/3C protein shake

Still need to figure out where, or at least when, I'm going to get in the missing 2/3C of protein shakes they want me to have in a day.

Working on getting all of my water and vitamins in but it's a struggle...plus side is my blood pressure was down this morning from what it was in the hospital so they won't be prescribing meds for it!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics