Questions....about your experiences

scorpioboy33
on 4/20/12 10:10 am
1. on optifast did you stop feeling hungry?

2. did you feel weak on the opti diet?

3. did you ever cheat?

4. were you able to sleep when you got back well?

5. was opti the worst part as some have mentioned?

thanks guys
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/12 10:14 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
1. on optifast did you stop feeling hungry? By day 3 the hunger was gone

2. did you feel weak on the opti diet? Nope had tons of energy

3. did you ever cheat? Never

4. were you able to sleep when you got back well? Not sure if you mean after surgery or what but yes I slept fine after surgery

5. was opti the worst part as some have mentioned? I found it easy but some find it very tough so just hang in there.
trudylam
on 4/20/12 10:17 am - Sudbury, Canada
1.  I was STARVING the whole time I was on optifast (2 weeks)

2.  I didn't notice too much of a change in my energy levels but I was a couch potato in the first place.

3.  Sometimes I would cut up a dill pickle into little rounds so I felt like I was snacking while I was watching tv.  Or I would sneak a couple of cucumber slices.

4.  Sleeping was tough because it hurt too much to roll around and I hated sleeping on my  back.  It made my back hurt really badly.  Between my bad back and the pain from the surgery, I was miserable.

5.  Optifast was definitely the hardest part mentally for me.  Physically, the recovery from the surgery was the worst.

Best of luck to ya! :)

scorpioboy33
on 4/20/12 10:26 am
hi Trudy.
what was hard about the recovery?/?
how long were you off work for
did you find yourself starving when you were recovering?

btw if you don't wanna answer any or all of these...I totally understand
and thanks for sharing
trudylam
on 4/20/12 10:34 am - Sudbury, Canada
I'll answer :)  No secrets here... LOL

The hardest part of the recovery was the stitches in the muscles.  The incisions themselves were fine but underneath the where the muscles were attached was really painful.  It was on the right side and the pain made it really hard to stand up, sit down, rolling over in bed was impossible so my back was really sore from sleeping on my back.  My husband had to help me roll into bed because that one abdominal muscle was causing so much pain.  It lasted about a week at it's worst and I was sitting here one day and I felt 3 "pops" inside my tummy.  It hurt like hell but it was the stitches dissolving and letting go.  I started to feel much better after that.  I didn't have to take any time off work because I'm a stay at home mom/college student.  I did take the summer semester off though.  I wasn't hungry at all during the recovery.  I thought I was feeling hunger but it was just gas moving around.  I didn't get real hunger bac****il about 11 weeks post op.  Hope that helps. :)

niceeyes72
on 4/20/12 10:31 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
 1) for a while I did but ha to stick to the 4 hours or my tummy would rumble. 
2) I had energy but I was also exercising with zumba (burning 1000 cal in an hour) toward the end I couldn't keep up
3) I never cheated. Thought about it but felt it would set the wrong thoughts into motion. 
4) sleeping on the couch worked for me for 2 weeks. I am a side sleeper. Now I sleep in bed and on my side no problem!
5) now I actually wish I was on Opti.... Never had to think about what to eat! Lol
Best o luck on your journey!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

scorpioboy33
on 4/20/12 10:41 am
this is so great guys...you are really helping me!
what about booze.....

1. at what point after surgery did you have a drink ie. month 4 months...etc?

2. did anyone used to smoke heavy or casual and start back up again?

3. how much weight did you lose your first month???/

again answer all none whatever you like......thank you either way :)
Monica M.
on 4/20/12 11:08 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I had a drink at 5 months out (it was my bday). I drin****asionally, maybe a glass of wine a week. |

I wont answer the question about weight loss in the first month. You should never compare yourself to others. (and i can't really remember). People lose at different rates.

DONT SMOKE - it impedes your healing and compromises  your health. Increases your risk of ulcers (which are a horrible thing with your new pouch)

Leslie W.
on 4/20/12 11:34 am - Cobourg, Canada
1. Not by day 3
2. felt tired for the first few days. Took nap when got home from work the first few days
3. Had 2 pickles during the first week
4. Found I woke up often during the night for the first couple of months. Common problem. Now sleep like a log
5. Liked Opti. Puree post op was harder

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
sam1am
on 4/20/12 12:18 pm

1. on optifast did you stop feeling hungry? 2-3 days

2. did you feel weak on the opti diet? No

3. did you ever cheat?  No

4. were you able to sleep when you got back well? Yes

5. was opti the worst part as some have mentioned?  Yes

1. at what point after surgery did you have a drink ie. month 4 months...etc? At about 6 months I started drinking a bit of alcohol.  It's probably better to wait until you;re done losing.

2. did anyone used to smoke heavy or casual and start back up again?  I quit smoking 2 years before surgery - no intentions of starting back.

3. how much weight did you lose your first month??? 26 lbs

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics