The big day tomorrow

Jason W.
on 5/7/12 8:33 pm, edited 5/7/12 8:40 pm - Canada
My surgery is tomorrow. Thank the lord because I am choking down the optifast. 21 days of opticrap can really get to a guy. I had my moments of insanity. Walking around the grocery store picking up and looking at all the things I can't eat and will probably never eat again. It was my way of putting some closer to that part of my life.

I am down 28 lbs since I started opti. People ask me all the time if I lost weight. They claim to see it in my face. When asked how, I tell them I'm on a program and leave it at that.

I have come to terms with my WLS decision through the ignorance of others. I found people that have struggled the least in their own lives with weight loss have the most to say about it. Funny how they know nothing about the struggle but know the cure. Some comments I respond with the old saying you can't fix stupid, which is really too bad because you could use the brain surgery...

See you all on the bench.

Jason
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

birdiegirl
on 5/7/12 8:49 pm

Hi Jason

First - all the best tomorrow - before you know it, you will be home and re-arranged....

You did great on the Optifast....28 pounds is a wonderful beginning....and step one is over!

You will likely be able to eat everything again...in many cases you wont want it anymore....the appeal is gone......or your new pouch wont be able to handle that much food....but its not goodbye forever....its just different after.....a good different

I know you have probably heard this a million times....but here is a million and one.....optimize your first 6 months to a year....you will still lose after that point....but don't stray....it will pay you back with great losses and behavior changes

Try to incorporate more movement in your life....small things are good....park further away....take the stairs etc.....that's changing your life...

Follow your program....if your centre allows you to progress earlier then another...do it...otherwise pay attention to their rules....not this boards....we are great for support and some info....but they are the health professionals....telephone them if you have questions...

These are the things I did every day to ensure I was a success and still do today!

1- journal my food....

2- drink my water - all of it - every day - (waiting 30 minutes minimum after food)

3 - 80 plus gram of protein per day - every day

4 - take my vitamins

These are the additional things I did the first 18 months without fail

5 - measure myself - before surgery and every two to four weeks....you might lose inches and not pounds some weeks

6 - stay on an even keel emotionally....you might stall - you might not....if I'm tired, I sleep - if I'm hungry, I check if its head or real ( do I want a steak or a cookie?)...stay cool

All the best - You WILL be a great success if you treat this therapy as the last resort to lose weight....be afraid of screwing up....so you will follow your program exactly

See you on the bench

Barb

niceeyes72
on 5/8/12 5:32 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
Such an awesome post Barb!!

Congrats Jason!! Tomorrow is your new birthday!!!!! 

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Vi-Vi
on 5/7/12 8:50 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 Good luck Jason!  Keep us posted.  I'm sending you positive vibes for a great and speedy recovery!  I'll be thinking of you!  
Monica M.
on 5/7/12 9:02 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I am so happy for you Jason. this is a challenge for sure, the optifast, the post surgery period, all of it, but its so worth it!

Congrats on making it this far, i know you're going to rock this thing!!

Hugs!

Diane Steg
on 5/7/12 9:10 pm - St Catharines, Canada
 Good Luck tomorrow
thunderhand
on 5/7/12 9:50 pm - mississauga, Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
good luck tomorrow...

the waiting is finally over.
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/12 9:54 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
WOOHOO!! So excited for you!! Can't wait to hear about your experience...Save a seat for me I'm not far behind!!
Dianadcr
on 5/7/12 10:17 pm - Canada
Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Well done on the opti.
  Diana

Brenda T.
on 5/7/12 10:36 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
All the best Jason!! I so excited for you. Speedy recovery and look forward to hearing an update.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics