Quick question

Lorieliz
on 5/10/12 7:03 am - Canada
I did search, but had wayyyy too many contradictory statements.

I asked the OH chat person and they told me to post .

Do you have to have a perscription to buy Optfast? Where can you buy it? I live in London Ontario.

Lori

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

RosieHawk
on 5/10/12 7:09 am - Ottawa, Canada
Why do you want optifast> is this a presurgery thing or post?

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

Monica M.
on 5/10/12 7:11 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
You can only get it through a doctor. Usually you purchase it from the surgeon's office, prior to surgery. I'm not sure if you can get it at a pharmacy with a prescription.

Lorieliz
on 5/10/12 7:17 am - Canada
Thanks,

I am way pre-op, I was just curious.

Seems like kind of a "cash grab" and I remembered Karine saying that her surgeon for her sleeve, did not require Optifast pre op. Wondering if there was another product that was similar.

Initially I was googling to se if maybe there were other flavours available...

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/12 8:25 am
JJ_
on 5/10/12 9:09 am
I am in Ottawa.  When I met with the surgeon, he gave me a prescription for Optifast.  I took it to the front desk, paid for it and they brought it to me.  I did not go to the pharmacy to get it.

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/12 10:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
There is no DIN so it can't be bought at just any pharmacy.  You can get it through some weight management clinics throughout the province where you are being medically supervisted.  Other than doing that, you wait until you are given a surgery date then you get it through your surgeon's clinic.

Not all surgeons in the world believe in doing the liquid diet pre-op and that is why Karine does not have to do it as Dr. Gagner has no pre-op diet.  Many that had surgery in the US years ago didn't do Optifast but had to follow a low carb diet and some were told to do Lean Cuisine meals.
Karine
on 5/10/12 10:35 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12
Dr Gagner doesn't require it, no!  But I an so sqared, I mean if they all ask for it, it most be for a reason no?  But then, I think to myself that this surgeon has YEARS of experience, a great reputation, I should trust his judgement.  I am too shy to ask him to prescribe some anyway.  But I wish there was another way to get it...

Anybody has some left overs????????

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Karen M.
on 5/10/12 11:59 am - Mississauga, Canada
Yes, you need a prescription.

However, you can buy Medifast (? I think it's called) which is basically the same thing, through the supplier.  Google it. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics