doesn't seem real

scorpioboy33
on 5/12/12 10:19 pm
It's 16 days since I've been on the bench and it still doesn't seem real...I'm droping weight healing well......feeling full but it's a wierd feeling to think my stomach is now so small....really have a hard time getting my head around it....it's almost like I wish I could snap a picture of it so I can see it...wierd huh....
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/12 10:38 pm - Toronto, Canada
 I got ya.  I have found the whole thing surreal.  Especially as the weight came off so quickly and I kept dropping sizes.  It just seemed so unnatural...partly because it is.  I mean, no one loses weight this quickly without surgery.  I also found the sudden and radical change in my relationship with food unbelievable.  I suddenly am not obsessed with food and can walk away from a meal completely satisfied.  Yes, I still have head hunger, but the drive to eat isn't the same anymore.  

I actually feel like the surgery has changed my personality in some way.  I never realized how much my drive to eat (which was constant) shaped my daily activities.  Without that drive, I've had to develop other parts of myself, do different things with my time and reorient myself in my relationships.

Its a head trip, for sure!  I go to the hospital support group every month and I have found that an amazing support. Even though the changes are good, they are still rapid changes and I really appreciate the support.

Hope things continue to go well for you post-op and keep us updated!
Monica M.
on 5/12/12 10:40 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i get it, brother... its a wild ride.

Lorieliz
on 5/12/12 11:07 pm - Canada
slrm2m,

You give me hope!  What you have described is EXACTLY what I am praying for!

Way to go scorpio, I remember how nervous you were, so full of questions. Looks like your answers are all happening just as you wanted! Enjoy it!

All the best (and thank you SO much slrm2m!

Lori

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

avivaps
on 5/12/12 11:36 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
Totally get where you are coming from.  Only difference for me is that the head hunger is still there and scares the stuffing out of me.  I am working hard on my own and with a psychologist to try address these issues so that when my ability to eat more increases,  I have hopefully addressed these issues.  But I am loving how easily I am physically satisfied and of course how great I feel at 53lbs lighter in just 3 mths!

From this point on it i****ting weights I haven't seen since teenage years...hard to fathom...

Glad things are going well, let's just enjoy the ride :)

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

sam1am
on 5/12/12 11:48 pm
 It was and still is a dream come true for me!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

scorpioboy33
on 5/12/12 11:55 pm
thanks guys...I'm closing in on 40lbs............................
Gorgeous84
on 5/13/12 6:26 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12
Way to go Scorpioboy33- very encouraging!

Slrm2m best response ever! I completely identify, having just realized this on OPTI and I cannot imagine and am sooo excited for the road ahead!

There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/12 11:51 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Happy for you!
350Ann180
on 5/13/12 1:35 pm - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Hear ya!

Ann

Most Active
Recent Topics