hi yah more questions from mr questions

scorpioboy33
on 5/11/12 10:26 pm
Hi Yah,
If you know the answer to these I'd sure appreciate it
First of all I'm two  weeks past surgery and everything is going great......being a paranoid person I have some questions....

1. I'm on my first week of soft.....I just had an egg yah..it was delicious.....not sure how much I should be eating.....I'm confused.....I'll def stick to the restriction but not sure how much to eat...is there any sample week one menu's/diet guidlines as my book is a bit vague?

2. How can you tell if you have a leak or an ulcer? Is there symptoms if there's a problem?

that's it guys....I'm already down 20 pounds since surgery!!!!!!!!

thanks alot for the help

HaroldC
on 5/11/12 10:28 pm - Canada
TWH gives a meal guide and portion recommendations. For poached eggs, it is 1 egg with 1 Melba toast. I would always defer back to the guide.

Sorry, can't help with question 2.

Way to go on the 20.

Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Karen W.
on 5/11/12 11:16 pm - Canada
As far as quantitity goes, you should gradually work up to 1 - 1 1/2 cups of food.  At 2 weeks out, I was eating 1/4-1/2 cup at a time.  Measuring is your friend!

Pain is a sign of both leaks and ulcers.  I haven't had a leak, but I have had an ulcer; if you have one, you will know something is wrong.  If you have any inkling that things aren't right, call your clinic immediately.  If you have any severe abdominal pain or high fever, go straight to emerg and be sure to tell them that you've had WLS recently.  Better safe than sorry!

RNY April 11, 2011       

rmichelleb
on 5/11/12 11:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
I too am a little confused by the whole "how much do I eat" thing.
HRRH a vague sample menu -  Breakfast- 1/4 hot cereal made with low fat milk (add 1tbsp protein or skim milk pwdr) OR 1 poached egg. 1/4 Yogurt, 2-4 TBSP puree fruit
AM SNACK- 1/2 c protein drink, 2 tbsp pureed fruit
LUNCH- 2-4 tbsp low fat pureed soup (with protein/skim milk pwdr), 1-2 crackers, 1/3 c vegetable juice 1/2 c protein drink
PM SNACK - 2-4 tbsp yogurt, 1/2 c protein drink
DINNER- 2-4 tbsp pureed meat or fish, 2tbsp mashed potatoes, 2 tbsp pureed veggies
EVENING SNACK - 1/2 c protein drink.
It all seems sort of boring to me though. I need to jazz this up a little.

scorpioboy33
on 5/12/12 12:19 am
extremley helpful
sam1am
on 5/11/12 11:22 pm
This early out, I doubt your nerves are healed enough to feel the fullness.  That comes pretty soon, and when it does, you won't be able to overeat, without being very uncomfortable.  I suggest undereating if in doubt and as I said you will feel restriction soon enough.  I don't think I could eat more than a half an egg at that stage.

I believe that common signs of a leak are fever and pain, maybe some blood in your stools.  Any of these things, do not necessarily mean that you have one, just possible signs.

All the best!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

scorpioboy33
on 5/12/12 12:17 am
great answers guys....thanks so very much
Most Active
Recent Topics