Day 6 post-op

Jason W.
on 5/14/12 9:35 pm - Canada
I am on day 6 post-op. My stomach is gassy and my intestines play music during the night, but all in all I feel okay.

I am off the meds other than the blood thinner. Took a perk on sunday night woke up in the early morning feeling nauseous and horrible. Tossed the rest out. Felt good about that.

My incisions have all but healed mostly and I have removed the bandages yesterday. Looks like I have been stabbed 5 times. COOL...... Feel like a modern day pirate.....lol

I am walking tons and am going to wash the bike and the truck today since God loves me and has blessed me with not only this gift, but absolutely beautiful weather to heal by.

I am going to mosport this weekend to watch the races. Friends driving so I will sit back and enjoy the ride. Stopping every hour to walk, so they can smoke (SMOKERS).

Well that about sums it up, wishing you all the best at you various stages. Hugs  J
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

ToNewBeginnings
on 5/14/12 9:39 pm
Sounds like you are doing swell arggggggggggggghhhhhhh .

My intestines are still playing music off and on!! I have a feeling they will for life. Sort of takes me off guard at times.

Enjoy the gorgeous weather! 

Monica M.
on 5/14/12 10:25 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
oooh..what kinda bike do you have? come and wash mine if you need something to do!!

Good for you, glad you're feeling well, be careful not to overdo it, listen to your body.

I bet the wife loves the gassy nights.

Jason W.
on 5/15/12 12:59 am - Canada
I have a 2008 Goldwing. I used to have several bikes, but now just the one the wife picked out (of course). Its got an onboard navigation system, big stereo and even an air bag...lol. We travel every year somewhere distant. Last year we went to Nashville TN, the year before Newfoundland.

This year it will be local, as I need to adjust to my new life.

PS the wife sleeps through my gassy nights, but the dogs don't. The gassier I am the closer they want to sleep with me....lol..dogs
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

Monica M.
on 5/15/12 1:06 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Dogs are weird that way.

I have a 2006 Yamaha Road Star, 1600cc. I have none of those accoutrements lol, just saddlebags. I looooooooooooooove it.

I havent made any long trips as of yet, tho i did the manitoulin loop last year with a bunch of other biker chicks. I'm afraid i go too slow for my hubby.

I found it more maneuverable as i lost weight.

Joyce J.
on 5/14/12 10:26 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Jason

Glad all is going well, sounds like you are doing great
Keep up the good work
Listen to your body(not the gassy part lol, the part that tells you to rest when you need to LOL)

Have a great week end at the races

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

HaroldC
on 5/14/12 11:00 pm - Canada
Sounds like you are doing great, congratulations!!!!

Enjoy the sun and remember to listen to your body!!!!

Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Gabygee
on 5/14/12 11:15 pm - Canada
So good to hear from you Jason - let's keep our fingers crossed that your recovery continues according to plan.

A word of advice re your outing to Mosport.
Our various intestinal noises and activities can lead to uncomfortable and embarassing incidents.

If you need to ask the driver to stop the car so you can get out and fart like a foghorn, do it.
Don't try to squirm in agony until you get to the open air.
It is murder.

And find out where the washrooms are as soon as you get to Mosport - and find the handicapped washroom.
You're going to want to be in a stall alone because we are odiferous, and I am not kidding about that.

I was in a bakery/coffee shop with a woman who was a few weeks post-op and the poor thing had to go - it was stupifying, the odours she produced .. but she had no choice.
The whole restaurant was reeling.

JJ_
on 5/14/12 11:58 pm
Congrats on getting the recovery into high gear!  Enjoy the long weekend.  Sounds like fun.

Judy
sam1am
on 5/15/12 12:16 am
You are too funny!

Looks like I have been stabbed 5 times. COOL...... Feel like a modern day pirate.....lol

Love it!

2.5 years out and my stomach is still very noisy!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics