hair loss

Robin H.
on 5/15/12 3:28 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 ok i accept the fact that the hair loss happens and yes mine is in full force.  just wondering when it stabalizes again and slows down ooohhh possible regrowth etc.  

Dianadcr
on 5/15/12 3:45 am - Canada
I'm with you there Robin. Not a pretty picture. Soon is not soon enough for me.
  Diana

Monica M.
on 5/15/12 4:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
It's so difficult, every one is SO different in this regard. It depends on your nutrition, your stress levels, your normal pattern of growth and loss, the time of year, etc etc, etc etc etc. Just accept it, be as healthy as you can, and revel at it when it finally does grow in.

This is honestly something that CANNOT be compared to anyone else.

Kathy R.
on 5/15/12 5:45 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 01/27/12
I agree the hair loss is so frustrating.  My hair has been thinning for years and according to a dermatologist I have androgenic alopecia so they extra hair loss is especially concerning for me because it is so thin to begin with (especially at the front).  I just hope I get some regrowth sooner rather than later.  sigh.
Kathy         StevesGal (Beth) is my wonderful angel     SURGERY January 27, 2012
HW: 297  Weight at referral: 285  Weight 1st appt: 276  Start of Optifast: 262

JJ_
on 5/15/12 7:05 am
I found month 4 to be the worst.  At five months out now, the loss is starting to slow down.

Judy
Deborah_from_Halibu
rton

on 5/15/12 8:12 am - Canada
Hi Judy..  I am into month 10 and my hair is still falling out..  I have very little regrowth but my Doctor is very sure it will grow back..  good luck hun..  keep smiling, you are beautiful ..
JJ_
on 5/15/12 12:53 pm
Thanks Deborah :)
Kerry F.
on 5/15/12 8:53 am - Bolton, Canada
For me, it got really bad around month 4 and kept going until about month 8.  I'm nearly a year now and it's back to normal. 

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

happypants
on 5/15/12 10:58 am - Ottawa, Canada
Mine started falling out around 4.5 months and stopped about 8 months out. I found that cutting my hair short made it less noticeable. It was shocking to see my long hair in the shower drain.

It doesn't matter how much we reassure you that it will grow back its devastating when you are going through it.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Zer0
on 5/15/12 12:52 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hello Robin,
I am 3 months out and I am losing about twice as much hair as I used to and I used to lose a lot! I am constantly picking hairs off my clothes and I lose so much when I wash and condition. I am thinking about cutting my hair short, it is long now. I am thinking it may not be as noticible ( long hairs on my clothes) and I won't have as many thin scraggly ends as my hair is currently cut in layers. I love pixie cuts but I don't know if I can pull it off. My hair is very important to me so I am really thinking and looking at possible cuts to find the best solution for me.
From what I have read on here it seems to be something we need to just get through and eventually our hair will begin to grow back.
Kristen
Most Active
Recent Topics