Looking forward to being cold -- but I'm not!

carol_ann_p
on 5/22/12 1:29 am - Canada
Hi everyone:  I understood that one of the side effects from having surgery was that you would be cold all the time.  I was kind of looking forward to that one since I'm always too hot with the air conditioning cranked way up.  So far, I have not experienced this cold.  I had VSG rather than RNY -- would that be the reason?  Not that it matters as I'll deal with whatever, but I'm curious.

Thanks.
Carol 
Carol P
"Create your future from your future, not your past"    
Kim S.
on 5/22/12 1:39 am - Helena, AL
My sister had VSG and she is like me-cold all the time.  I think it depends on how much you lose too...I remember this being an issue for me after I'd lost around 100 lbs.....and I'm 3 years out now and still sensitive to the cold.

sam1am
on 5/22/12 4:49 am
I had a VSG as well and definitely got/get cold, but I don't remember how far out I started.  It's an awesome side effect.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/12 5:04 am
I hope you like hot baths because that is sometimes the only way I can get warm.

Joyce J.
on 5/22/12 5:32 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

It's not the surgery that makes you cold, it is the fact you lose all that body fat that has kept you warm.
It doesn't matter what surgery you have. Once you have the surgery stock up on socks and blankets LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

northernlight
on 5/22/12 9:02 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Whoo-Hoo, Joyce! I can't wait for that to happen to me! I was at the point last summer where I was considering Botox injections for excessive sweating. Hopefully my VSG will take care of the problem for me once I lose a substantial abount of weight. It seems pretty unbelieveable to me at this point - bring it on!!!!!! 

Deb

JJ_
on 5/22/12 9:14 am
 Hi Carol,

I found after RNY that I was cold the first three months.  Now I feel more normal and my internal thermostat keeps me not too hot and not too cold.

Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics