OT: Fires up north

brenda65
on 5/24/12 5:31 am - Ottawa, Canada
The Weather Network
 - A state of emergency has been declared in Timmins, Ontario because of the fire situation. 
I hope everone is ok up around there

January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

cayleighsmom
on 5/24/12 5:47 am
RNY on 06/05/12
sending thoughts and prayers to all of our friends in the north
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 6:03 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12
sending thoughts and prayers to all our OH friends and everyone in that area
CanDoItFour
on 5/24/12 7:04 am - Canada
Oh no - been following it myself on the news over the past few days.

There are a fair number of dedicated OHer's up there.  Best thoughts and wishes for you all!!  I understand rain should reach your area soon, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Claire

Catw
on 5/24/12 7:30 am - Arnprior, Canada
 I have relative up there, my thoughts and prayers have been with them since I heard about the fires.  I hope that there isn't much damage to homes up there.

Cathy
Toni B.
on 5/24/12 9:25 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
 It sure is a scary situation up here... I am not as far north as Timmins, but I do work in emergency services and it is getting pretty dicey in the north.  My heart goes out to the evacuated families, and my prayers go out to ALL the emergency service personnell trying to get these fires under control and protect  the citizens of this great province. 

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Karen M.
on 5/24/12 10:59 am - Mississauga, Canada
I`ve just been `texting`with Tracey who is in Timmins - she`s safe and sound visiting her son further south. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

cayleighsmom
on 5/24/12 11:18 am
RNY on 06/05/12
thanks for sharing Karen, i have been thinking of her
Karen M.
on 5/24/12 11:26 am - Mississauga, Canada
Me too - and worried when I don`t hear from her.  She`s safe and doing great. :)

*sigh of relief*

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Vi-Vi
on 5/24/12 12:05 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 Hi there!  I'm from Timmins also!  It is pretty bad out there for cottagers and ppl who live out by that area.  As for the City the worst here is the smoke.  Some of the mines have closed as the smoke is going under ground.  I was sitting at my parents residence this afternoon and the ashes from the fire were landing on us.  So hard to believe that ashes travel that far, but it is so windy!!  I also feel sorry for ppl with no air conditioner as it is hot and almost impossible to keep the windows open!  It is real bad in Kirland Lake, ON also their fire is much closer to town!  We need RAIN with no lightning!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics