Clothing NSV

NessaC
on 6/1/12 12:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
I tried on a pair of size 10 jeans this morning, not expecting them to fit, but they did perfectly with no muffin top lol!! i just cant get over how weird it is that 7 months ago I was wearing 24!! I also went to forever 21 which in my mind was always made for tiny people and doesn't even carry XL and the L dresses I tried on fit! I realize that the clothing excitement probably dwindles when you get to goal but for now I'm loving it.

When I thought about life after surgery I always knew I would lose weight but I never TRULY expected to be "small" which seems to be where I'm headed!

I just had to talk about this somewhere where people get it!! 
Nessa   

Referral to Registry January 4 2011         Surgery November 7 2011
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/12 12:28 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
That sounds like a great feeling! Good for you
ToNewBeginnings
on 6/1/12 1:10 am
"When I thought about life after surgery I always knew I would lose weight but I never TRULY expected to be "small" which seems to be where I'm headed!"

I was 22-24 and now I'm 8-10. I get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy I say!!! ...........Crazy goooooooooooooooooood!!!

Monica M.
on 6/1/12 2:17 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that is so amazing!!! good for you.

its a crazy ride, isnt it?

Blu-Diva
on 6/1/12 5:25 am - Hamilton, Canada

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

SandpaperSandy
on 6/1/12 5:58 am - Kitchener, Canada
hooray for you.  It takes time for the head to catch up with the change in the body.

Never in my own wildest dreams did I think I could walk into a store and buy 10/12 with a medium t- shirt and walk out !!!  woot woot - we all rock the weight loss.
tasha_the_dog
on 6/1/12 7:03 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada
Awesome feeling I agree!

Referral to Thunder Bay Bariatric Centre July 2010 Orientation Class August 2010
Appointments with dietician, nurse practitioner and psychologist September/November 2010   Ultrasound November 2010
Scope June 10, 2011, meeting with surgeon Nov 29, 2011    surgery  VSG Jan 20/12
Surgeon: Dr. Gmora
HW 287

CW 169

Sirene
on 6/2/12 4:27 am - Ottawa, Canada
Awesome!!!!

I get what you're saying....BUT....my own head still doesnt understand. I look at things and dont even bother trying them on because in my head, they look way too small.

I was actually at my Dad's this morning and he offered some of my mother's jackets (she had a bit of an obsession when it came to jackets and white bouses). I tried them on just to be sure, thinking they would be too small.....and they were WAY TOO BIG!!! Not like a bit baggy either...like I could have fit 2 of me inside there!!

In my mind, my mother was always smaller than me, so its really hard to think of anything otherwise.

Nessa; you must be very proud of yourelf right now....you should be!!!! *hugs*

Jennifer  

JJ_
on 6/2/12 12:18 pm

Way to go Nessa!  Rock the size 10 while you can.  I bet you will fit into a smaller size still

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics