Bad day yesterday

Jason W.
on 6/8/12 8:14 pm - Canada
It was our annual company golf game yesterday. I finished work at 12 and then rushed off to the course. On the way I thought I would eat lunch. Some laughing cow soft cheese (lite) and some turkey peperoni turkey bites. Both I have had before.

NOT a good combination. Being rushed I know I did not chew well. Needles to say it was 4 hours of barfing my lunch all over the course. Several bathroom trips etc etc. I could not even drink water as this would come back up. I think the peperoni chunks clogged my stomach and it was not stopping until all was out.

It wasn't until I got home that finally I was able to take in fluids. Drank 1.5 litres of water that night. Stuck to good ole soup and crackers for dinner, which I should have had for lunch.

I know what I should be doing, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Bad day, lesson learned.
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

JJ_
on 6/8/12 8:57 pm
Oh boy....stress and trying to eat.  It sounds like your pouch was on revolt.  Hopefully you are feeling better today.

Judy
HaroldC
on 6/8/12 10:21 pm - Canada
Lesson leaned.
Glad you are feeling better!
Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Monica M.
on 6/8/12 10:33 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
dude... that's horrible. Hugs. (like, tough guy hugs)

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/12 10:34 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
Hope you feel better today!!
sam1am
on 6/8/12 10:45 pm
Now that really sucks!  I do admire that you kept golfing,, though!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/12 11:17 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Oh hard way to learn a lesson on a golf course. Hope you and your pouch feel better.

Deb
rmichelleb
on 6/9/12 12:32 am - Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
Sorry you had a bad Friday. I too find myself not feeling well when I am rushed by the family to get moving. Foamies suck!

mazouzia
on 6/9/12 12:37 am - kapuskasing, Canada
bad day lesson learned very quickly too! i know, been there a few months the same happened to me.(different scenario but same outcome!!!  man oh man does it ever hurt too!!)...  hope you have a better day today.  take care Jason
Susan B.
on 6/9/12 1:45 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience-I would also like to thank you though for reminding us to never let our awareness down and to always concentrate on chewing well.

Hope you are feeling better today!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Most Active
Recent Topics