a wow moment for me

Robin H.
on 7/15/12 11:59 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
ok so this weekend i took an friend and my 2 girls to the farmers market.  An old friends parents have a booth there and | know this and usually say hi etc (note their is son is a friend that i had feelings for 15 years ago and we spent a lot of time together) well this Saturday he was there! I have not seen him in about 12 years and well it was weird....... really weird. 

It was nice to be the lowest weight I have been since about grade 11 and thank goodness I had done my makeup etc.  He came over gave me a hug and we chatted briefly.  I left and carried on my shopping I caught him staring at me a few times and could see some longing in his eyes hehehehe YOU LIKE???? YOU LOST!!!!  he actually came and found me so he could chat more, It was really different I am not used to that kind of attention and well it was flattering. 

I definitely could get used to the attention, I have to say I see that my husband does not have a jealous bone in his body I told my husband about the incident that evening and he chuckled and said "good for you babe" and then went on to say  "good luck with that buddy! "  lol at least I know he is confident that I would never stray. 

Robin

cayleighsmom
on 7/16/12 12:05 am
RNY on 06/05/12
aww, what a onderful feeling!! got love those moments when you look and feel your best, then that happens!! it's like icing on the cake.  heheh, look at me buddy..you caould have had, but nope you lost out!! Congratualtions!!!
Robin H.
on 7/16/12 12:20 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
yes I am still smiling thinking about it, I have to admit was a great ego boost

denise_norman
on 7/16/12 12:26 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
 What a truly amazing experience!! Thank you for sharing. I think I need my sunglasses from the glare if those perky whites of yours! Hehe!

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/12 12:59 am - Straford, Canada
 Congrats!  Like Beyonce says, "Shoulda put a ring on it"!  LOL  Regards, Ian  
ToNewBeginnings
on 7/16/12 1:04 am
Nice. That's one of those moments we think of...looking great and meeting the ex!

tbtilalaf
on 7/16/12 1:43 am
   Thanks for posting this....I was actually wondering what people were going to be like after the weightloss!  My husband is worried that I will get more "attention" I can tell, it's written all over his face.  lol  But I have been with him for over 14 years now with two girls and all I want from this surgery (on Thrusday) of course besides the most important reason of getting a lot more healthy is to be albe to participate is daily activities  that I usually have to sit on the sidelines for as I can't do it at 306lbs.  (Well now 292 according to the scale this morning thanks to optifast lol) 

What's good about what happened to you at the farmers market (which you already know) is that it really gives a self confidence boost which is great for your self esteem! 

Thank you for posting this!

Melissa!  

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

Brenda T.
on 7/16/12 2:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
hehehe fun.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Robin H.
on 7/16/12 2:26 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
hey thanks love the new avatar:)

Brenda T.
on 7/16/12 2:28 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thank you I love yours too.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics