a medical test i have to have done

brenda65
on 7/24/12 3:47 am - Ottawa, Canada
i've been referred to the heart institute.. Aspen wants me to have the Holter monitor.. i think thats the name of it.

Anyone have this done? i have to wear it for 2 days.
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/12 3:51 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I had to wear it twice for irregular heartbeat.  It's a pain in the ass as you can't shower while wearing it.
gigglesAlot
on 7/24/12 10:20 am

Both my husband and I had to wear it for a few days.. . . . .inconvienent but not so bad.  Hey Tracey, you will like this story:  Steve touched the electric fence on our farm when he was wearing his. . . . .he gave himself quite a 'lifter' as he puts it.  When he had to explain the sudden jolt that was recorded on the machine, he told the nurse that he was having sex.  Snicker.  He's usually pretty reserved about joking with someone he doesn't know but not this time. 

Barb

Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/12 10:28 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
That's something I would have said. 
gigglesAlot
on 7/24/12 10:32 am
I thought so.  Giggle.
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/12 10:33 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Well actually I may have been having sex on the electric fence.  That sounds more like something I would be doing.
gigglesAlot
on 7/24/12 10:47 am
. . . . .I believe it!. . . . I bet you will try anything once.
Current Weight - 171 lbs

350Ann180
on 7/24/12 3:52 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Yes - it is to detect the irregularities in your heart beat.  I wore one for a wkend and then another for a full 2 weeks.

I had a number of tests done as I have AFib. 

There was one - sorry I don't remember which one - that I had to hit a button on the monitor when I felt the irregularity.  The monitor recorded the heart all the time, but only saved the 30 previous to when you hit the button.  It was quite interesting.

It doesn't hurt at all - more of a pain in the butt while trying to sleep.

Hope you get to the root of the problem.

Ann

JJ_
on 7/24/12 4:37 am
Hi Brenda,

What were your symptoms that lead to the referral?  (So we know what to keep an eye on!).

Judy
brenda65
on 7/24/12 5:10 am - Ottawa, Canada
i told her about my dizziness/low blood pressure. she asked me a few questions then decided to do this test.i have to wear it for 2 days. she said she don't think they will fiond anythig wrong but wanted to do the test to be sure.
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

Most Active
Recent Topics