I am going to cry....

michellealana
on 8/15/12 7:48 am
So, my doctor has screwed me again!
Why anyone puts trust in their doctors, I have no idea.
so i forst went to him to ask for a referral on June 20th... he said sure..... he never completed it. He started it, but never finished it.
So I went back on July 25th.... spoke at length about it, pronted off the address and phone number, and he said he would...... I just called... nope. They never did it.
The nurse was rude to me about it, basically said that they dont use email or online anything... so I gave her the umber to the ottawa clinic... hopefully they can tell her how to do it.
I got off the phone, almost in tears... so I found their fax number and sent her a fax with the bariatric number to call to register on the phone and fax the registration form.....
I am sure this is no big deal to them, but thats two months of waiting for me for nothing, putting trust in them to do it.
I just feel deflated.
Monica M.
on 8/15/12 7:57 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
It astounds me, the number of times i've heard about docs in this day and age not using email and internet and things that are basic necessities of LIFE, holy crow!!

keep on them. Call or visit them friday, to make sure they've done it. Don't accept rudeness!! If they haven't done it friday, call them again monday, then tuesday, then wednesday. Be a thorn in their sides.

People sometimes forget that the services they do, while routine to them, are lifesaving and vital to those they serve (or lack in serving)

Hugs, you'll get past this hurdle.

Mon

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/12 8:06 am - Straford, Canada
Perhaps there are other reasons to stay but in any other service industry, provided that service we would just go else where.  Time for a new doc?  I had to change in Toronto once to get what I needed.  Regards, Ian 
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/12 8:07 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
I agree with Monica. Call every day until its done. Also, if they are part of a larger clinic, consider putting in a complaint with human resources. I had to resort to this once when my doctor's regular secretary was on may leave. Since then my referrals seem to be handled quite promptly.
Kimmer75
on 8/15/12 8:18 am - London, Canada
Do you have access to any other Dr's???  A walk in clinic dr can do it as well.  There are some people on here who have had similar issues and were told to try that, or a nurse practitioner can do it as well.  Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience?

Referal: November 2011 to Windsor Assessment Center, Orientation: February 9th, 2012, Request Transfer to Hamilton: March 23, 2012, Transfer madness for April, May, June, Abdominal Ultrasound: August 1, 2012, Dietician & SW: October 3, 2012,
Scope: November 8, 2012, Internist: November 14, 2012, Surgeon: November 27th, 2012

Surgery: April 10, 2013. VSG and gallbladder removed.  

Hockeymom73
on 8/15/12 8:20 am
RNY on 11/21/12
Michelle,

I sent you a doctors info that I know will refer in Ottawa.
Let me know how you get on.

Sophia

HW: 400.5 CW: 251.0 GW: 199

Patm
on 8/15/12 10:07 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
i do not know what the problems of getting a new doctor in your area is but you sure need one. I was lucky my doctor was really enthusiastic about referring me and even followed up when I had not heard from the clinic.
If he is not helpful now he will not be helpful if you need care after the surgery.

jewel-twin
on 8/15/12 10:36 am - Canada
Oh I know your pain...it took my dr what seems like FOREVER to get my referral in.... I called no less then 4 times to "follow up" and its good that I did because they put my referral in my chart and put my chart away without faxing it...

Be a pain in the ass... who cares what the receptionist thinks of you...call until they are SICK of you! there is a process for Drs who don't use internet....If you have to print it out and bring it to him and SIT with him while he fills it out...then wait while the receptionist faxes it and ask for a copy just in case their fax doesn't go out right....

Be your own advocate. And if need be change Dr.s
Monica9811
on 8/15/12 11:39 am - Peterborough, Canada
My doctor felt the online process was time consuming and difficult-would prefer to fill out a handwritten form which is what he did in the long run as the online one kept booting him out.  I just kept making appointments for other things and every time I went in I asked.  Maybe you can have the clinic send you the paperwork the dr needs to fill out and you can take it to him.  I started asking in February and I think it was June before it was finally done but in the meantime I have had my orientation and surgeon appt and I have 4 other appts scheduled so it is moving quicker than I thought it would.  Good luck!  Monica
Blu-Diva
on 8/15/12 1:28 pm - Hamilton, Canada
  Keep on them  

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Most Active
Recent Topics